[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is failure in life? I'm not talking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: toomuchlube.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
toomuchlube.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
How important is failure in life?

I'm not talking about failing a class or messing up a project but some other, more serious, failure. Like expulsion, or arrest, or the failure of a business, or a marriage, or personal bankruptcy... something substantial.

I so often hear stories about successful individuals describing their failures and how they learned from them. Many times, it seems they can imbue powerful, albeit difficult, lessons that can help lead to success later in life. On the flip side, I've known people who knew only success in their academic and early personal lives that were utterly destroyed by a failure in later life.

Persistence is an important trait for success but when, in the face of failure, does it become too destructive- how do you know when to say when?
>>
You're not going to learn from failure if it doesn't happen naturally.

>expulsion, or arrest, or the failure of a business, or a marriage, or personal bankruptcy... something substantial.
For every guy who became successful in life after these things, there are hundreds who had their lives ruined.

Don't be a moron and rely on extreme failure to succeed.
>>
Failure is only useful if you learn from it. There are plenty who fail repeatedly.
>>
Best kind of failure to learn from is the failure of others. Be smart and think, op
>>
It's not necessary. You can learn from any kind of experiences, not only failures. And as anon pointed out you can also learn from other peoples failures.

The moral here is that people who are not afraid to risk failure are the ones who will succeed. You shouldn't aim for failure, but you shouldn't become passive because you might fail either. Trying and risking failure is usually better than not trying at all.

>how do you know when to say when?
Never, really. This kind of decision shouldn't be taken based on how much you failed before, but on what your chances of failing/succeeding are, how much you would win/lose and what other opportunities you have. Yes, it's hard to quantify these things, but they're the ones you must consider when making an important decision.
>>
>>18052417

If it is not fatal, you can learn from it.

But it has taken me 10 years to recover from some mistakes in my career.
>>
>>18052469

i suppose that's my biggest problem; i'm extremely risk-averse.
>>
>>18052417
>failure of a business
Totally irrelevant if it was a corporation

>marriage
Feels mostly, and also you can lose a lot of money

>personal bankruptcy
Many rich people have been bankrupt several times in life
That being said, if you fail to deal with it you might end up on the street, which is a whole new level of fail.

>expulsion
You can always get another job. Maybe not a new career, but a job.

>arrest
Potentially serious i think.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.