[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 18 and my parents, specifically my mother, force me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I'm 18 and my parents, specifically my mother, force me to attend counseling sessions with a psychologist. I have not ever taken antidepressants, am not depressed, never been in jail or used drugs or involved in a crime. She regularly threatens to throw me out of the house and take away my stuff, some of which I legally own (like my books and computer).

I cant move out because I need to attend college and don't have a high school diploma yet and therefor a means of a job with a living wage.

What can I do? I try to be nice to her but when I didn't go to counseling yesterday she went berserk and would not stop yelling at me. She often throws shit at me.
>>
Just go to counselling? If it's this big of a deal for her, and you just want to live in peace, why not just do it?
>>
>>18052410
I missed two appointments and they want to charge me $70 before I can schedule a new one. I could get my parents to pay, probably, but

I don't want to go.

And it doesn't look good on a job that legally requires you to report such counseling.

My mother used to take money out of my college savings account all the time until I turned 18 and they told her she couldn't anymore when she went to the bank to steal my money. Then she came home and flipped shit and made me pay her $200 for a new phone.

She's always eavesdropping on me.

Seriously fuck that bitch.
>>
What's wrong with going to a psychologist? Their role is to help you better understand yourself and other people. They can give you advice on how to improve your mental state and your life as a whole. Simply talking to someone about your life and your issues could be very pleasant and productive.

From your words your mom does sound a little bit like a nutjob, but this doesn't mean seeing a psychologist is harmful. If anything, you should encourage her to do the same, not reject the idea for (what I see as) no reason.
>>
>>18052431
Yeah, the actual counselers are fine people usually, but at the end of the day you can't trust them so it's totally pointless. If you tell them ANYTHING they will use it against you to push drugs or throw you into a psych ward.
>>
>>18052429
I've never heard of a job that wanted to know whether or not I was in counseling and that sounds like a pretty huge breach of privacy.

Anyway, there are way more issues other than depression that you could go to a counselor for.
>>
>>18052434
You do realize there's a difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist, right?
>>
>>18052407
>you're not forced unless physically
>she doesn't know how to communicate with you because of the amount of natural changes you've gone through since puberty
>she can take things away that are in HER house because it is HER house
>taking away a computer of yours is iffy. if she does that you could potentially report her.
>you messed up. you took the ol go to college route even though your life at home isn't perfect and you're broke. tons of people do this and mentally suffer in their 20s.

>>18052429
>if you go, your parents win. period. doesn't matter what they are wrong or unfair about.
>you missed two appointments... does this mean you went to see a counselor on your own? details this is so vague.
>they could legally do do what they wanted with it for that time. it was their money, right? they used this as a tool to create leverage and control over your moves in those stages in your life. positively or negatively.
>she eavesdrops because she needs to feel more in control. she wants to understand you deeper and, to her, this is a secure way for her to gather more and more information to conclude her stereotypes, implications, etc. about you.

>>18052431
well they could use shit against you to take your parent's side. or vise versa. also the way things go down/about is they might talk with your parents alone, and you alone. or, maybe just all of you together. or a combination of both. also consider how things will be on the way to/from there and at home after complying to their counselor/psych shit.

>she thinks you're on some b.s.
>you haven't really told us the fine details though...
>she doesn't know how to communicate her point without needing to lash out
>in her eyes she is standing up for herself - reacting
>they haven't changed drastically for decades. you have, because of your age. they don't get your angle of thinking pertaining to your position in life, because they communicate with you on an intellectual level on a day to day basis.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.