[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 20, bought a certified used car back in October. Last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 51 - s7zgN.jpg (5KB, 208x156px) Image search: [Google]
51 - s7zgN.jpg
5KB, 208x156px
I'm 20, bought a certified used car back in October. Last week I parked my car on ice in a park when I was on a date with this girl. When we stepped out of the car it started slipping itself into the lake ahead, thankfully I ran to the car and pulled it into reverse before it got too deep. I would say the front wheels were 4/5 submerged before I pulled it into reverse back to shore. Back on land, I had small puddles at the bottom of my car. Not enough to submerge my foot or anything like that.

The car still runs fine, I have been driving it, and it doesn't seem like there's any engine damage in general. The only problem I encountered is that the air bag light came on the dashboard. I took it to the dealership and they said that the srs unit got fucked by water damage and I should make an insurance claim. My dad handles my insurance, so I told a white lie to the insurance company saying that I'm not sure what caused the water damage, and that it could have been driving through deep puddles or spilling a bottle of water in my car.

Did I just commit insurance fraud? Is there any ramifications of this or should I call my insurance company immediately and tell them the truth? Bottom line flood damage was done to the car and it was my fault, will they take away my policy or something if they were to somehow find out about this?

Also, (I know this is a bit of a long shot) speaking from a mechanic perspective, did completely total my car, or is it simply a matter of water leaking to the wiring getting water damage from leaking from the seats, which can be repaired and replaced?

The inspector is looking at it tomorrow. I'm just looking for some reassurance here. Realistically should I be freaking out over this, or am I most likely going to be alright with this situation?
>>
>>18052294
You're most likely alright. I'm assuming the water puddles have dried up and/or you vacuumed the car out?
If not, get on that shit because having water still in there is going to make you look bad. Apart from that just keep your mouth shut about what happened and stick to your story. You fucked up, whatever, but coming clean is not going to make it right for you it's just going to potentially fuck up your life.
>>
>>18052315
Yeah, I vacuumed all of the water out and dried it with towels as much as I could. The carpets are still drenched, though.
>>
>>18052315
Even as a mechanical issue, will my car be salvageable? Is it likely that that much damage was done to it if it was halfway submerged in some water for a few seconds?
>>
>>18052294
>did completely total my car
you drove it to get the light checked out, didn't you?

water damaged like one sensor on your car(presumably).
>>
>>18052640
My dad saw the light and told me to go get it checked out.

They made it seem like the whole system needed to be replaced. But they were unclear about this in saying that they won't inspect it further. The insurance guy is going to check it out tomorrow but I'm running myself in circles worrying about whether they will total it or not. It's not like the car got flooded in a hurricane or something, it was in a lake for maybe a few seconds
>>
>>18052706
I've heard of people just removing the airbag and wiring in a resistor to shut that light off.
>>
>>18053431
But could I get away with driving legally like that?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.