[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mom is driving me insane, it's just all these repeating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1485975564622.png (101KB, 280x272px) Image search: [Google]
1485975564622.png
101KB, 280x272px
Mom is driving me insane, it's just all these repeating small things she keeps doing. I've tried to talk about it with her, but she doesn't seem to catch the clue. I try to explain my problem with her and she is like but you this and that.
>>
>>18051535
>>
How old are you anon?
>>
>>18051539
The right age to get out of the dahm house and start living the dream.
>20 years old
>>
>>18051535
Find the smallest possible amount of compromise to request that might bring you relief, and offer the smallest concession on 'this and that' in return. Express gratitude when you notice her doing what you want.
>>
>>18051535

It's your mom, it's what they do. You tolerate it until you move out and then you tolerate it when you go visit, because it's your mom and you owe it to her.
>>
>>18051545
>>18051547
These anons are both right. Important to note though, is your mom single or is your dad or a boyfriend on the picture? Not memeing you m8, single moms get attached to their kids in a different way because they feel much more validated by their kids' successes
>>
File: 1483400229714.jpg (56KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483400229714.jpg
56KB, 640x800px
>>18051545
Going to try, don't think that it would work but yea
>>
>>18051555
The fuck else would you do, batter her?
Forgot to mention that this is a continual process.
>>
>>18051552
Yea my stepfather that is with her for like 9 years now. I'm aware of that last part, but also told her that she didn't have to worry to much about my accomplishments that I hated it/ wants her to let it go it. This because I'm trying to finish my studie, and failed a couple of times. She all caught up in this shit and won't let go.
>>
>>18051566
She may be doing a poor job of expressing it, but really she just cares about you and hopes your shit works out because she wants you to be happy. I've had friends who were in very similar positions to yours and they had trouble stepping back and seeing that. One of them doesn't speak with his mother anymore and he really regrets it. You probably know most of this, but I don't want you to think it's just hallmark advice. You're mom might be overbearing, but she would have to be some sort of psychopath to actually be trying to harm you.

How's your relationship with your step dad? If he's a cool guy and you guys get along maybe casually slip your problems to him. He could theoretically be very helpful.
>>
>>18051594
*Your

God damn
>>
>>18051594
Thanks for the advice, but yea already thought of this. Now I need the real solution(not that I don't appreciate your /adv/). Stephdad is an OK guy, but they really care to much and I could not care less. Guess I'm the asshole after all. But that being said.
>>
>>18051656
I mean yeah, I get from how you're laying out the problem that you're a bug part of why shit is so bad, I'm just trying to give you advice I think you'll be receptive to, because it sounds to me like you have a problem taking serious criticism maybe.
>>
>>18051535
what small things ?
>>
kill her
>>
>>18051736
They might sound stupid but: doing this standard routine like coming home and asking me all this things about what I'm doing, what I'm up to, when I going to do this and that, where brother/ sister are, asking over and over again when I'm going to sport (I do this sport for 6 months now and she still is asking, like when is it. Just care about my routine or don't, if it makes you feel happy I will put up some online agenda/ tracing program so you can track me 365days a year). Also because of my shitty studie, she is almost so far that she wants to call the director why I haven't graduated yet, I can handle his. Let me handle this!

Cont.
>>
File: 1483394400940.jpg (113KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483394400940.jpg
113KB, 1136x640px
>>18051816
Ow gr8 I love mobile Mimi app, just touched the border of my command now it's gone
>>
>>18051816

sounds like it isn't too bad, you need to be clear with the limits you want to establish.
>Just care about my routine or don't, if it makes you feel happy I will put up some online agenda/ tracing program so you can track me 365days a year).
Do that
>>
>>18051816
shes making conversation with you

youre probably a angsty teen since teens find the voice of their mothers repulsive as a biological drive to leave the nest.

You must be 18+ to post on this website
>>
>>18052144
>>18051535
>>>18051539
>The right age to get out of the dahm house and start living the dream.
>>20 years old
Dude
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.