[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>missed 5 lectures in a row since uni started >precalc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1483566984954.jpg (100KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483566984954.jpg
100KB, 640x640px
>missed 5 lectures in a row since uni started
>precalc and chemistry
>one of them was a lab
>too anxious to go back since I'm not caught up and could get lost
>lab groups/cliques have already been established and you'll be the outsider
>already feel fucked even though <10% of my grade is affected

What the fuck do I do /adv/? The longer I stay away the harder it is to come back.
>>
Just go to class like normal and catch up by asking people around for help if need be.
>>
File: 1487043892876.jpg (5KB, 212x123px) Image search: [Google]
1487043892876.jpg
5KB, 212x123px
I want to play in a band where should I go to find people to start?
>>
You're paying for the classes dude. No idea why you'd skip so many, especially in a row, but even in that short amount of time that's a lot of content you missed. Talk to your professors about your absence and see what they might be able to do in terms of catching you up with material you don't quite understand. But the more you miss, the more time you're wasting and the bigger the chance you'll have to repeat basically a whole semester.
>>
let me guess, you're not the one paying for classes
>>
>>18050334

go talk to the TA at office hours until you make up all the info you missed. make friends with the other kids there.

ta-da.
>>
File: 1483941198110.png (208KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1483941198110.png
208KB, 5000x5000px
>>18050359
Correct.

But I'm fucked if I can't recover.
>>
>>18050374
so how about you go talk to the person paying about this, I'm sure they'll have some advice for you
>>
>>18050334
I was in your place two years ago. It was my first semester, I had a lot of baggage, 8 am classes, etc. I say just go to class. Write your notes from the board, ask classmates if you can take a picture of their notes or something and MAKE SURE YOU DO ALL THE ASSIGNED WORK. If you do all of the work you get assigned, you'll be forced to go back and develop a working understanding of some things. In lab, say 'hey, can I work with you guys today?'. Just assume it will work. Be positive, assume your classmates want to help you.
>>
>>18050334
The more you avoid it, the more you fall behind. The more you fall behind, the higher the chance of you failing.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.