[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I posted about this roughly a week ago and I got some great responses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1251.jpg (168KB, 841x863px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1251.jpg
168KB, 841x863px
I posted about this roughly a week ago and I got some great responses but details in the situation have changed/ been revealed to me.

I am a special needs therapist for kids with autism. I've been doing it for a little over two years and I'm experiencing some pretty rough burnout. About two weeks ago I officially started with a new client, and in short, I feel very out of my element. I have been doing this for a little while but only part time so I don't have as much experience as it seems.
But anyway, i do not believe I am a good fit for this client at all. I wanted to leave but I was worried that doing so would effectively ruin any chances I had at using my collegues and bosses as references in the future when I seek a full time job.

Last time some anons gave me some good responses, but I've brought my concerns to my boss and they told me I wouldn't have to leave the company to leave the client before the 6 months minimum. Basically they said they'd much rather have me leave now if I don't feel good about it than have me, and likely as a result my client, have a shitty experience.
So knowing that the consequences aren't that severe, what should I do? I do genuinely feel id be a better fit somewhere else but I still feel incredibly guilty for even considering this.
Should I leave? And if so, how do I get over the guilt?
>>
>>18050320

never feel guilty for protecting your career.
>>
guilt?
>>
>>18050476
Well its sort of hard to explain why i would feel guilty.
I know that its not really my problem, its the parents problem, but at the same time I was asked to help and I cant help but feel like im letting them down.
>>18050469
I guess its not so much protecting my career and more so that i just dont want people to think im lazy.
This kid is a difficult one for sure but oddly enough ive dealt with more challenging behavior before and I handled it just fine, i just dont think im a good fit. I feel like that is a justifiable reason but I just cant shake that people are going to think im lazy.
>>
>>18050320
Maybe instead of seeing him as a client you should see him as a person, just like you. Maybe God just put you there to make the client suffer and the client hates you and your whole company for it
>>
>>18050320
You're hired to - oh, let's say drive a cab. You're good at it but one day they give you a bus to drive. You really can't handle it and ask to be reassigned back to cabs. They agree that it wouldn't be a good idea to stay with a bus when you might have an accident, and offer to put you back on cabs, with no hard feelings.

Would you feel guilty?
>>
>>18051507
That's a really great way to think about it I guess
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.