[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i stop internalizing what people say about me? For example,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: spoonge.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
spoonge.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
How do i stop internalizing what people say about me?
For example, when i was much younger and up until high-school people used to call me weird, annoying.
I've been struggling with convincing myself that i'm not annoying and that i'm fine the way i am. Which has lead to me in the past copying people to seem less annoying (which is fucking annoying)
>>
>>18050259
If you figure it out right a book and become a multi-millionaire. The shit people say to you growing up just sticks with you.
>>
Stop caring what others think about you
>>
>>18050278
I knoow, its fucking hard to shake that shit off. Especially when it you see that some of the things they said were right.
Makes you worry if there is more that theyre not saying..
>>
>>18050285
i dont, but what was beaten into my head via experience is still hard to get rid of.
>>
>>18050259

It's all up to you. If you let it affect you or not.
It's hard, true, but ultimately its your call if you want it to destroy or make you.
>>
>>18050484
If you dont care then why are you still obsessed with what people said poorly about you years ago?
Do you have any memories of people telling you different things other than your wierd and
Like you mom telling you she loves you or playing games with your dad telling you what a good job youre doing?
Just remember the good times and try to make more good times for people that you actually care about including yourself.
Youre only in this current life looking out for whats best for yourself anyway.
Other people will try to tell you different. That its really about them and thier own views on you. But they can only see the outer most part of you. Just the surface.
Nobody knows who you are on the inside unless you express that shit.
I wish i could go back and live highschool again. Tell people they aught to fuck off i wish i did at the time.
I let what they said get to me a lot. About how much a faggot i was. How i dressed was wack.
Did it affect me? Yes.
Did i let it linger in me? A little.
Did they make me angry. Yes

I got in fights all the time. I was very angry at people for being so creul.

I put all that negative energy where the bullies wanted it. Inside myself letting no one else see i was hurt.
I think just being yourself isnt good enough.
You gotta be your perfect self.
Seek therapy.
Read some philosophy books.
Start getting other peoples good ideas and words in your head.
>>
Same as poster from above.

Everybody has a voice in thier head.
That same voice has been with you for your whole life and its composed of all the people who have ever said anything to you. Be it for good or for worse this voice should be a calm and discerning entity like that of an old man.

Try telling him or her to shut up and let you think in your own voice.
Get to know this voice. Listen to this voice. What is it they are telling you?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.