[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is having only one relationship so looked down upon? I find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1414469627040.gif (1023KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
1414469627040.gif
1023KB, 400x277px
Why is having only one relationship so looked down upon? I find that if I tell anyone that I've been with my first boyfriend for years they'll instantly try to encourage me to "put myself out there" or "get more experience". Is being in one relationship actually a bad thing if you're actually happy?
>>
>>18050048
Can we just have a sticky on this board that says "Fuck what people say, do what you want to do"?
>>
>>18050048
>Is being in one relationship actually a bad thing if you're actually happy?
Your so called "friends" are most likely jealous that you found a stable relationship and are happy, while they are not. They sound like bad people
>>
>>18050048
everything is fine if you are happy, sex with randoms isn't nearly as fulfilling as a loving relationship
>>
No, those people were either not serious about their first love and didn't appreciate them, or didn't feel appreciated. So they think you need experience to gain perspective, but really you'd be gaining their perspective, which is clearly failure. And failure is good for learning, but it isn't essential to destroy good things just to learn how to break something.

If you're happy as you are, dismiss what they say, and be content with yourself. The opinions of others are not YOUR LIFE. No more.
>>
>>18050048
Your friends are cunts
>>
>>18050048
Fuck off.
>>
>>18050048

In most cases, people who have had several relationship were never in love with their first partner (they were young, driven by hormones, not a good match, whatever the reason may be) and only found that in another relationship later on. This experience makes them assume that it's the same for everyone and that the second or third relationship is better than the first by default.

Most likely they're not trying to be rude. They just have different experience in life and fail to see your point of view. It's alright to tell them to shut up about it, because it's really not their place to comment.
>>
>>18050085
this
>>
>>18050048

There's nothing wrong with it if you're happy, but the truth is, this kind of thing is really rare. I can only think of two examples in my personal life where this kind of thing has worked.

In a sense, there's a little bit of naïveté here. This one person may have been awesome when you were 16 (arbitrarily picking an age), but most people grow and develop into almost practically new people over the years.

There's a legitimate concern that you're with the person because they represent a security blanket, just what you're used to, not because you're necessarily with the person that could fulfill you the most.

But again, there's no need to "trade up," just be smart about it.
>>
You break up with someone because they're not a good match, not because you want to ''put yourself out there''. There is absolutely no advantage to trade an amazing relationship for one night stands or friends with benefits. Those are just to fill the void of loneliness. Nothing compares to the bond you have with a partner.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.