[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do, /adv/? I grew up with an abusive mother who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: look.jpg (12KB, 700x330px) Image search: [Google]
look.jpg
12KB, 700x330px
What should I do, /adv/?

I grew up with an abusive mother who is very ill and will not be alive much longer. People continuously pressure me to make up with her and it bothers them when I refuse to have anything to do with her. Everyone acts like she's this great person but they didn't know what it was like growing up in that house. They don't know all of the crappy things she did/still does. We were beaten regularly, went without food, she didn't care. I would hide under the bed if I could help it.
>>
Fuck them and fuck her too. If someone abuses you, you don't owe them jack shit
>>
>>18048603
Can confirm, you leave that existence and STAY GONE because you know, deep down, what turmoils and peril you faced, and in the end, dealing with such peril wasn't worth it...except only to make you aware of such people in the future.

Point is, fuck the entire fucking family for guilting you to do something that they should know isn't right for you.

t. a man who regularly takes shit from an old crone as her entire fucking family gang up on not only me, but also MY fucking family, both dead and alive.

I'm just about to leave this cunt forever, and move to a new state, and will hope it stays that way. Should she ever follow me at this point, I have a right to fucking end her.
>>
>>18048603

This. People will never understand.

I remember reading an article of a woman who was abused by her mom most of her life. She fought with herself over whether she should invite her mother to her wedding before she died and to go visit her on her death bed. In the end she decided not to do either of those things and she described her mothers death as a form of liberation.

I think you can find the article if you google "i didnt invite my abusive mother to my wedding and didnt visit her on her death bed"
>>
Fuck those people, you don't owe them or her anything. Had some people tell me the same shit about my deadbeat dad like I owed him anything. No chance in hell IDGAF and neither should you.
>>
My father was nowhere near the worst, but still neglectful, useless, grating, and entitled to respect and authority. When he died I've felt nothing but a slight relief. 4 years later, I'll very rarely have a short fit of anger from not being to push back and show him his every mistake I can recall, and they get ever milder.

Here's a short relevant video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7cOwQQDI7o
>>
I've got a story.

My grandfather wasn't an abusive parent, but from the way my mother told it he was slimy as fuck. Taking advantage of his weak willed wife, siphoning money off her, having affairs left and right, completely neglecting his children. Safe to say, my mother and her siblings ended up hating him.

But then he got cancer and ended up in a hospital bed. I thought my mother would say 'good riddance' and leave him to die - certainly most of her siblings were apathetic. But she herself suddenly launched into a Christian conversion campaign, where she tried her best to 'make peace' with her non existent father before he was gone forever.

I don't know. I often wondered how meaningful 'finding peace' with people who've wronged you is, when they're only willing to do so inches from death and unable to make up for the mistakes of the past. I don't know. But I do know my mother said she felt better when he died. I don't know whether because his influence had finally left her life, or whether she had, at the very end, managed to forgive him at the end of his own.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.