[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to ask one of my coworkers out tomorrow for valentine's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1470171554337.jpg (132KB, 750x895px) Image search: [Google]
1470171554337.jpg
132KB, 750x895px
I'm going to ask one of my coworkers out tomorrow for valentine's day, the plan is just to ask what she's doing and in the case she says nothing I suggest we do something, keep it casual.

Now my problem is I don't know what to do after, say she says yes which I think is about 60/40 in my favor, I would suggest a coffee date, we'd meet up, and then what?

What do we talk about? How would I escalate? Should I even try? What do I do about awkward pauses? pls no pua videos

I have roommates so I'm not like trying to bring her back to my apartment, but I would like to at least get a feel for whether she'd be interested in a less casual date.

she's pretty cute but something is off-putting about her, maybe she reminds me of a girl I knew in high school but I can definitely deal with it.
>mix of mexican and german
>pale skin
>thicc af my nig
>dyes hair all kinds of bright colors
>short hair
>cute nose

she was like the first person I 'clicked' with when I started working there so I'd like to get to know her better.
>>
>>18048356

>and then what?

You talk to her to get to know her on a level that isn't as an acquaintance or friend. Be flirtatious, compliment her, ask her things about herself that you don't already know which would only be appropriate in a situation where she has an interest in you - such as accepting your date offer.
>>
File: warning coloration.jpg (1MB, 1840x2342px) Image search: [Google]
warning coloration.jpg
1MB, 1840x2342px
>Short, dyed hair
Abort!

Just ask her out straightforward. Don't try to bitch out of it by focusing it on being "casual." It's fucking Valentine's Day. Ask her out on a god damn date like a man. You sound like a high schooler.
>>
File: 1437045186623.gif (1MB, 294x240px) Image search: [Google]
1437045186623.gif
1MB, 294x240px
>>18048356

As counter intuitive this sounds, less is more and try to play it as easy as possible. There are many reasons for this, but the number one danger you're in on a first date is making her realize you're more invested than her. Or "interested" in her if you will. This will make her less interested by default.

Here's they play I'd go for
1. your intro is fine, ask her what she's doing and invite her out if nothing

2. If she does have plans casually let her know you do too, without going into detail and retreat

3. Set up the date, you decide everything, don't ask her what she wants (she doesn't know)

4. Get there a bit before her and take the spot you want the most
(I usually go for a strategic position allowing me to see the entrance, the bar and have a wall behind me,
just old military habits but I feel way more comfortable in a good strategic position)

5. order your drink and do whatever you want. Talk to nearby people to "warm up" your social game, read something, play on your phone, whatever. Get relaxed and comfortable before she shows up.

6. Do not make a big deal out of the situation when she shows up, stand up and give her a hug, sit back down.

7. Now make some token small talk, ask if she's fine, suggest she orders a drink etc.. Now that you've put in a minimal amount of effort to socialize with her, stfu. Let her bring something up to chat about. If awkward silence, know that it's more awkward for her and that the first one to speak "loses". She probably will if you can look her in the eye for 5 seconds without talking. Then just go with it and change subjects if there's something you genuinly want to talk about. If you do not have anything you want to talk about with this person during the first 30 minutes, you probably aren't a good match... cont....
>>
File: 1437043324937.gif (1MB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
1437043324937.gif
1MB, 260x240px
>>18048366

8. Try to get her to talk about herself, you should make her think you're interested in what she's saying without saying "yes", nodding and so on every second. Ask follow up questions to what she tells you if you want. The more she gets to talk about her self, the more she feels validated, the better she feels. She will associate you with these good feels.

9. Always escalate, don't be afraid to let her think you want to bone her. Flirt by implying you'd like to do naughty things to her. If she responds well, take it further. Stare her deep into the eyes whenever you can to create tension. If she starts flirting back you should try to get some physical contact in. Do this by suggesting you go somewhere else and sit closer to her in next venue for instance. After you've done some physical contact you could go for the kiss. Escalating from the kiss should be fairly easy, I don't need to cover that too, do I?

You can improvise alot around this stuff, which is what makes it fun. Just don't be scared and make it clear what you want. And realize nobody really cares about you or how you try to pick up this chick
>>
>>18048374
pls elaborate how 2 escalate from kiss

i got stuck on this step once when girl straight up asked me what i wanted to do after we made out....
>>
>>18048907
You whip it out mate
>>
don't
shit
where
you
eat
>>
>>18048356
Women suck.
>>
>>18049063
I agree with this
>>
>>18049063
Why not m8
>>
>>18049063
I don't get it
>>
Its wild how this hair dye thing really took off, despite the fact wigs exist
>>
File: 1483886502251.jpg (119KB, 547x759px) Image search: [Google]
1483886502251.jpg
119KB, 547x759px
>>18049311
It's only taking off with people who require attention, everyone else just thinks it's weird.

You could argue it's working since we have to notice to think it's weird
>>
>>18048356
>asking her out on Valentine's day for Valentine's Day

NO DON'T DO IT

STOP YOU FUCKING FOOL

HOLY FUCK MAN NO

PLEASE, FOR MY SAKE DON'T DO IT

ASK HER OUT LATER, THIS MAKES YOU WAAAAAAY TOO VULNERABLE OFF THE BAT

IT IS ALSO FUCKING WEIRD, ESPECIALLY THE DAY OF

VALENTINE'S DAY IS FOR ESTABLISHED COUPLES, NOT FIRST DATES
>>
File: 1474461461422.jpg (14KB, 447x384px) Image search: [Google]
1474461461422.jpg
14KB, 447x384px
>>18049344
I think he's afraid OP will be asking the girl he's planning to ask today....
>>
>>18049352
Nah, but I have been dumped on Valentine's day before.
>>
>>18049311
Women were already dying their hair. And they all want to be the manic pixie dream girl and be noticed by a new daddy.
>>
>>18049344

fuck u m8
>>
>>18049247
It means "Don't date Co-Workers"
>>
>>18048374
Not op can you elaborate on why you shouldn't talk first? I get that you want her to be the one to engage the conversation but why can that not start by asking her something about herself?
>>
How did this work out? Such a weird situation. Did you even ask if she was single? Plus you don't ask co workers out dude, if she rejects you your job is done too cuz it's awkward as hell.
>>
>>18048356
What's your job? The type of job you have might affect your chances or make things awkward if she says no. I also I kind of want to ask out my coworker too and seeing someone else do it is getting me motivated.
>>
Op what happened?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.