[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need good advice. I'm currently dating someone special

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2392.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2392.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
I need good advice.

I'm currently dating someone special to my heart and we love each other for who we are.
The problem is, she's also a constantly negative and EXTREMELY self critical individual, which affects my life. I try talking about it and try to help her, but she just keeps saying negative things..which makes me feel like I'm not doing my job.
On the other hand, there's another woman that has a crush on me and she's not self critical, very successful, and I sort of like her.

I don't prefer to break up with my current girlfriend because we've had intercourse already, and I don't want to tarnish myself I guess.
Both are amazing individuals...ugh.

Any advice?
Pic related
>>
Bump :/
>>
>I stayed in an emotionally draining relationship for 50 years because I bought into the virginity meme.

Let someone else be her emotional tampon. You're not her daddy.
>>
>>18048176
Maybe ask her if she would like to go to therapy for her overly self-critical behaviour?
>>
>>18048226
>he ditches a relationship at the first sign of trouble instead of helping his SO develop abd improve
>>
>>18048249
>I think I can "fix" someone older than 10 years old.
You might as well make her wear pigtails if you're gonna keep up the whole creepy roleplay shit.
>>
>>18048271
I don't think I can fix someone, that must come from the person. I however can help them do it themselves.
>>
>>18048283
>Circular logic
Good luck on brainwashing your Fun Sucker.
>>
>>18048249
I'm still in my relationship you fucktard. I'm just wondering if I should keep trying when there's nothing in return or move on.
>>
>>18048176
Your "job" is not to be your gf's counsellor. You can be there for her and support her by telling her you disagree with her negative comments about herself etc. however, you aren't responsible for her growth and development as a person, just like she isn't responsible for your growth and development as a person. You both can encourage each and grow together. If one of you for whatever reason keeps the other from growing, there's a problem. Have you talked with her about how you feel about her comments and how she views her self-worth? The other thing to keep in mind is that negative comments that aren't directed at you personally are just that, not personal. If you want to continue being with this person that you love, you need to learn to manage your own self and feelings and growth. Does that make sense?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.