[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you decorate a room? Currently renting a room in an apartment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Bring-Books.jpg (191KB, 820x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Bring-Books.jpg
191KB, 820x1000px
How do you decorate a room?

Currently renting a room in an apartment with friends.
>>
>>18047987

for me it started with color. the walls were brown, so most of the furniture i bought was earthy, even the black looking furniture was more of a dark dark brown.

as for th ewalls, everyones different. i found a guy who does amazing paintings, and i bought them all. now my walls are covered in nice art. most of them are originals, somes are based off of majoras mask (which is how i found him)
>>
>>18047987
Decorating your room isn't a requirement. Scientifically, it's been shown to feel more comfortable and stable in environments that reflect one's personal tastes and likes. Do you enjoy a close relationship with your family? Then hang some photos of them. Go to apartmenttherapy.com for some ideas.
>>
I got some flags I like to hang up
stars an stripes is sideways in a corner
I got libertarian snake and come and take it and rampaging lion but I don't know where to hang them
>>
>>18047987
If you're able to paint, it's the single most dramatic change you can make.

If you cant, start getting stuff to hang on your walls. Try to vary it so it's not all posters or framed pictures. Get flags, a tapestry, some framed pictures or canvases, maybe some small shelves for knick knacks, etc.

While that bookcase in your picture looks cool, it's not very practical. The books look hard to reach and those shelves must be heavy as fuck. It's nice that it doesn't take up floor space, but jeez.
>>
>>18047987
Well - what are you starting with?

In general, if your room was empty, I'd tell you to buy a bed frame with a comfy mattress and bed base. Have a closet, a shelf, a comfy desk with a chair.
Buy light, cold shade of wood. IKEA has a very cheap line in pine that is decent quality and looks nice for the price.
Invest on the bed and on the bedding - 100% cotton, decent quality.

If you could paint the wall, I'd tell you to paint them white or light grey because those colours make the space look brother and bigger.

As for the decoration itself - start little and increase over time. I have a wall with postcards from art museums, a couple of graphic posters over my bed and some pics hanging around. A rug might help.
>>
>>18048029
My room came with a twin bed with wooden frame that has storage spaces under for clothes. I have a chair and a desk.

How did you do the postcards? I'm super interested in that.

Thanks for all the help, guys.
>>
>>18048029
>If you could paint the wall, I'd tell you to paint them white or light grey

What's the point of painting them white or light gray? Boring.

OP, pick a color that represents you. You don't want it to be overpowering though, so a subtle shade is better.

Dark colors can be really cool, but it can make the room feel small.

If you do want some super saturated, bold color, you're probably better off doing an accent wall.
>>
>>18048047
Well, under the bed storage for clothes is a bit uncomfortable. Get a nice dresser, with drawers, and a rack. And maybe a book shelf.
You can get those with less than 150$ for all of this at IKEA.

I bought the cards at the museums. Some were given by friends.
You can print them yourself tho! Download the HD pics of your favourite paintings and get them printed in one of those shops that prints photos and posters. Or Google fine art postcards, you should find something. I hanged them on the wall with some black Washi tape.
Another idea I like was minimalist posters. They look neat but you can still express yourself.
>>
>>18048067
It makes the room look bigger and brighter.
Darker colours make the room look smaller, bolder colors can be really stressing after a while.

If OP doesn't know about interior design, it's better to get something neutral than to get black walls because they feel edgy and then end up feeling claustrophobic.
>>
>>18048067

Bold and different colors from the rest of the house are jarring, and in most cases, makes it look bad and disjointed. My house has a tan, light-ish color all throughout, with white ceilings. Consistent colors open up the entire home, so it doesn't feel like the only space you're allowed in is color-coded.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.