[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So like most college kids my age, I am staying in an apartment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0905.jpg (556KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0905.jpg
556KB, 1536x2048px
So like most college kids my age, I am staying in an apartment next year. It'a 4 of us sharing a suite with a common living room/kitchen, and we each have our own private rooms.
I have a boyfriend who lives across the country, but a few times a year (maybe like 6 total?) he'll fly over and visit me for like a week of time.
Is this unreasonable for me to ask of my suitmates? He would pretty much either be in my room (separated from them) or out of the apartment doing something the whole time, and he would not be loud/eat anyone's food from the fridge or anything like that.
Obviously I will never have any other guys or guests over.

The ONLY thing is that he would have to use is the bathroom to shower or pee occasionally. I share the bathroom with one other girl, but it's not attached to our rooms.

I am nervous because the girl is a little judgemental. For example, She was studying in the library today and posted a snapchat on her story mocking some other students in the library for watching a movie through headphones, saying they should "get a life" when 1) it's really none of her business what they're doing and 2) maybe they're watching the movie for a class?

At any rate I'm nervous to talk to her about it and want tips on how to go in to it so she knows what to expect but is also ok with it since he really won't be much of a presence.
>>
well as far as I am aware of, this is not even a topic to ask, because it should be the norm. As long as your BF behaves and doesnt live there for more than a few weeks.
I mean might be different for your country but if nothing different is written in the lease or in courtcases in your country you will be on the safe site.
>>
Check your lease first and foremost.
Most of the time, the lease has some sort of guideline on visitors. So long as your bf doesn't break that lease, it don't matter what your roommates think (though I wouldn't go picking unnecessary wars).
Usually though what I see isn't going for weeks at a time though, but still worth checking. If only so you know you could potentially get kicked out if your roomies complain enough.

All you can do is ask. They'll either be cunts about it, or cool until something pisses them off. I probably wouldn't care myself if I were warned in advance and he didn't disrupt my life at all, however I am incredibly bitter and salty about being single so if I had to watch you fucks be lovey dovey or worse, hear you fuck
ever
I'd be mad.

Only other thing I got is
>6 times a year, week at a time.
So that's like a month and a half out of every year. Being there for 1/4th of a month might entitle him to chipping in a little on the water bill for that month at least, imo. If you want to sway questioning room mates, you might give that as incentive. Let my boyfriend stay a week and you won't have to pay as much of the utilities for that month, or something. Decide whatever amount you think is fair for that.

If you don't want to be a cunt though, do take the bathroom sharing roommate's feelings to heart. Some chicks are really weirded out by sharing a bathroom with a guy. Be respectful of that. If she's not ok with it, then either get your man a hotel room or work something out.
>>
>>18047263
This is completely normal and reasonable, you're paying rent, it's your home, you're entitled to have guests within reason. This is within reason. Your suitemates might not be 100% thrilled about it, but that's just one of the challenges of living with others
>>
>>18047292
Not if the lease says otherwise.
Mine has a rule that guests may not stay more than 1 week a month, and cannot stay more than 3 consecutive nights.
Now, what the landlord don't know won't hurt him most of the time (we've got an illegal cat anyway kek), but if my roommates really wanted to cock block me they could rat me to the land lord and he can nail me for breaking the terms of the lease.

Idk if it's just where I live, but I've lived in a couple different apartments and rental houses, never seen a lease to not have the 3 day rule personally.
>>
Ok, thanks guys!
Yeah I'll do my best to be really quiet and respectful and he will too.
I really miss him and I don't want to behave in a way that would jeaprodize my ability to see him occasionally.

I have some more questions:

Is it weird to suggest maybe an "in/out" chart? I don't want to have sex while she's in her room because our rooms are right next to each other and I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable. If I know when she is in the apartment or out of the apartment, I can tell him to shower at times that won't inconvenience her, and we won't make noise when she's in her room trying to study.
It would be a little chart on the bathroom door that has our names, and a little magnet that we could move to either "here" or "out" positions when we come and go from the apartment.

Is that excessive or is it a good strategy to help communicate? I feel like she's the type to build resentment quickly if she feels inconvenienced so I don't want to inconvenience her at all.
>>
>>18047310
Yeah- it'a actually an apartment area with my school and so I'm not sure about what the policy is since it's not even technically a lease I don't think.

From what I've seen it's mostly a "you and your roommates decide what is acceptable" kind of thing.

I'm extremely easy going so I actually hope that she has guests and fwbs over a lot so that I can have some leverage in saying "it's only one week every few months- you have your friends over several times a week so I think that's fair"
>>
>>18047263
This is all coming from personal experience, as I was the boyfriend in this very type of situation.

I live in a city with a huge college population and I dated a girl for a few months who had her own place and I had mine. She lost a bit of parental funding and had to move into a big (beautiful) house with 4 girls (2 of them were her friends). When I went over there, I just moved through the house like a ghost. Most of the girls were too self obsessed and oblivious to even notice I was there. I would tread lightly and eat even lighter. I would spend a weekend in that house and I'm convinced they either didn't care or they didn't have a clue.
>>
>>18047313
sounds excessive. I would advice you to be very sweet and kindly and ask her about her plans beforehand for the week, when she will be at home and when not. Because you might start a lot of shit if you talk about "hey, can you signal me when you are out so I can Snu Snu my BF?"
>>
>>18047313
oh and of course, as you never had sex at your parents house it seems, learn to fuck without lots of noice, that is a skill that is really beneficial in many occasions.
>>
Okay- thank you guys!!
>>
>>18047313
Eh, that seems a but much to me. Just make it clear to the roomie if she's ever bothered she can tell you and you'll 100% try to work something out no judgement.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.