[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I tell the difference between love, infatuation, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1972.jpg (912KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1972.jpg
912KB, 3264x2448px
How can I tell the difference between love, infatuation, and linerence? Not exactly sure which one I am feeling as of right for a girl.

Also how do I get over the fact that the feelings I have for a girl aren't special (not the only guy pursuing her)
>>
>>18047011
Limerence. and they're all the same thing.
>>
>>18047011
Here's how to tell:

Infatuated- means that you're experiencing feelings of passionate love, but they're temporary and fickle. Most relationships start off as infatuation, and some develop to love. If the other person was in a terrible accident and lost their leg, or if the other person got in a fight with you and said something very hurtful or stupid- would it make you less attracted to them? Yes? Then you are infatuated.

Love- this is a more passive feeling. It's a state of being comfortable completely with the other person. It'a feeling whole in a calm, soft way when you are with them. It is missing them when they are away. It is wanting what's best for them rather than prioritizing your own wants. It is understanding them even when you disagree. It is working through the tough times and supporting them unconditionally.
Limerence- (never heard of this one but i'lol try my best). This one seems to be more focused on the feeling of love and having feelings reciprocated. It's confusing because you may think that the person is the subject of your feelings, but actually the feelings themselves are the subject. If your feelings were not the focus, the person would lose importance. This is In comparison to love, where you continue to care just as much for the person even if there is not a focus on whether or not the feelings are reciprocated.

A relationship is a mix of these three- and finding the balance is important.

It usually starts off as mostly infatuation. The person seems so great and hot and you are very excited to see them and touch them. This is the "puppy dog" or "honeymoon" phase. Flaws are minimized, attraction is heightened. This can be in combination with the limerence state of mind- where you begin to want something back. You want commitment, your want validation, you want them to return that admiration and infatuation.
When both of those conditions are met, you can begin to learn more about the other person. They become honest with (c)
>>
>>18047218
(C) who they are and then love develops if they are someone who matches up with you on more than just a physical/first impression basis. It's things like: do you make each other grow? Do you make each other comfortable? Do you have similar senses of humor? Do you have similar values? Do you have similar goals? Basically any commonality that would suggest long term compatibility contributes to developing love as long at the categories of infatuation and limerence are being fulfilled.
>>
>>18047220
Not op but thanks anon, you put that well.
>>
>>18047220
Thank you for this I haven't been able to find a clear answer until this definitely will be saving
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.