[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello, i am in an abusive relationship. right now i rely on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: slide03.jpg (60KB, 857x224px) Image search: [Google]
slide03.jpg
60KB, 857x224px
hello,

i am in an abusive relationship. right now i rely on this person for housing however but i filmed them throwing a glass at me as well as being verbally abusive. the problem is im a man and theyre a woman so any court will basically dismiss it. what should i do?

i want them to face criminal charges, i dont care about losing my housing as ive always got other options.
>>
Criminal charges for what?

Throwing a glass and being verbally abusive isn't really criminal. If the court would dismiss you it's because of that. If you had proof of an actual assault or something that'd be different. You could get a restraining order maybe.

>i dont care about losing my housing as ive always got other options.
Another reason you should be dismissed. You say you have other options for housing and literally don't care about losing your house but you choose to stay with a supposed abuser.

Really not fucking convincing m8. Especially to a judge.
>>
>>18046012
at me, and it hit me.
>>
Then you should take your proof and go to court.

I don't know what your issue is.
>>
>>18046024
yeah but do i get a lawyer, do i go through what process? law is something ive never studied
>>
>>18046033
>do i get a lawyer
Obviously. That's what they are there for

Also I think the first step is usually making a police report when you are assaulted.
>>
>>18045960
If you want her to go to jail. Go to the cops with your evidence. If they choose to arrest her, the court takes over the logistics and you don't need a lawyer. They can also advise you on how to get a protective "Do not come within 100 feet" order against her if you want.

If you want to sue her for your medical bills, you can do so through small claims court. Again you don't need a lawyer. Ask at your courthouse how to do it.
>>
File: 1433345106414.jpg (55KB, 561x543px) Image search: [Google]
1433345106414.jpg
55KB, 561x543px
>>18045960
> i want them to face criminal charges
I guarantee that they won't. You might, though, for wasting police time.

The police are NOT there for you to get your baby ego soothed or your victim status confirmed because some bitch threw a glass at you. If you're that concerned, buy plastic, bitch.
Shit, if women were jailed for nagging, there wouldn't be a free woman in the Western world.

Or you could try listening to what she's saying. Chances are it's your own lazy ass that's driving her to yell.
>>
>>18046175
>Justifying domestic violence
>>
>>18046175
>Justifying domestic abuse

Nigga what the fuck
>>
>I am in an abusive relationship

Pack your damn bags and leave. This isn't kindergarten and there's not a 20-something teacher lady to shower you with attention every time you cry. If the police come to listen to your helpless sob story and someone dies in a home invasion that night, then YOU are at fault for this death. You can't download an iPhone app to transport you to another location, you need to learn how to tie shoelaces so you can start walking.
>>
File: 1486779222524.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486779222524.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>18045960

Sounds like you're not in real danger, and you're just being spiteful.
>>
I would just go to the police station and tell them you have evidence. Or at least do something while not in a confrontation with her.

If you're in a fight and anyone, even you call the cops they'll almost certainly arrest you before they arrest her. It happens all the time.
>>
>>18045960
don't fight back and get out immediately. if you hit her to defend yourself you are going to jail because the law is on her side.
>>
>>18046373
attitudes like this enable abusers
>>
>>18046175
>>18046253
>>18046373
>shaming a guy for being abused
>in [current year]

If you have evidence then bring it to the cops. If you're doubtful about winning then just get the fuck out of there if you can. Violence against men is becoming more well known so I'm sure that with some research there are resources available if you need help.
>>
>>18045960
https://www.helpguide.org/articles/abuse/help-for-abused-men.htm
>>
File: 1453590800890.jpg (13KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1453590800890.jpg
13KB, 236x236px
>>18046451
>telling someone to get out of their abuse
>shaming

It's called a solution. Do you like solving problems?
>>
The amount of shit OP is getting in this thread for being a man in this sutuation is unreal. If the genders were reversed, this thread would be going very differently.

Disgusting

OP, i recommend that you visit a citizens advice bureau in your city/town. They exist to answer/help in these kind of enquiries. They will likely be able to point you in the right direction.
>>
>abusive RELATIONSHIP
I'm being honest with you, law enforcement wouldn't take something like that very seriously.
It's a matter for a family therapist, not law. Why would you want a "loved one" face jail time?
Especially if...

You say
>I rely on them for housing
Then you say
>I've always got other housing options
So what is it?

I really don"t get this thread, it's like someone made an especially weak bait thread, just to prove that people "would give OP shit", because he's a man. (Which he shouldn't have mentioned, this is an anonymous board and law shouldn't care about sex either).

I mean the fucking obvious answer you're looking for (why? Why always make a thread?): you have evidence, you go to the police, you use your other housing options and waste time, energy and money in court. There you have the fucking answer you wanted.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.