[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Miss deadline for CS assignment 30 minutes ago >Literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Im glad its over.jpg (37KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
Im glad its over.jpg
37KB, 396x388px
>Miss deadline for CS assignment 30 minutes ago
>Literally missed the submit button by 5 seconds
>Project was worth 5% of our total grade
>Probably going to get a zero even though I did all the work and put in time
>rotating back between anger over missing it by a few seconds and panic attacks about the grade
I need a 3.0 this year or they're kicking me out of uni, this is not going to help. How do I get myself to calm down and realize I can still get by if I just buckle down and do the work/go to class? This whole ordeal just blew the tires off my motivation and now I feel like I'm about to miss a bunch of classes and get kicked out. PLEASE FUCKING HELP. On top of that I'm really struggling with self-worth and desire to live, and like I said earlier, this event is really not helping that.

I bet I wouldn't have these problems if I wasn't raised by a single mother, but oh well. What do I do now?
>>
Is there a way you can manually hand it in? Like emailing the prof with or without bullshit excuse like the site wasnt working or your little bro was suicidal so you had to wait an hour. Maybe youll get lucky and it will be accepted. Theres no harm in trying but act quickly.
>>
>>18044735
It happens. Imagine missing the break pedal by 5 seconds and totaling your car instead :D

Puts things in perspective, doesnt it?
>>
>>18044744
I doubt it. This is one of the harder weed out courses for the major, so they're really fucking stingy with deadlines. The official policy is that they won't do shit for you unless you e-mail them at least 3 days prior to the deadline. I really don't think this is a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but I can't escape the lingering doubt. I already feel kind of off balance with this class because I've been missing lectures and now I need to perform even better going forward to make up for this 0/100 that's probably coming my way. I'm going to try to not miss anymore classes but I keep having anxiety about getting kicked out.
>>
File: JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP.jpg (67KB, 550x331px) Image search: [Google]
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP.jpg
67KB, 550x331px
>>18044751
I would honestly rather have that happen than this. Because that doesn't affect my chances of getting the GPA I need. If I get kicked out of school I'm definitely an heroing because I will have effectively closed all doors that lead to where I want to be in the next 5 years. Everything is really riding on this semester. If I can just survive here, I'll be able to reset and clear my head during the summer.
>>
>>18044758
Yeah I was weeded out like this. The programs didn't look like they were too difficult but they only gave you a week to turn them in (last course gave students two weeks). I couldn't keep up with this and other classes from all the information and just gave up.
>>
>>18044803
At the time I was doing basic programs involving the command line, automata, assembly programming, and discrete math. I couldn't do it :(.
>>
>>18044803
I honestly had plenty of time to do this, I just procrastinated down to the very end and got fucked for it. This one event is a symptom of a larger problem, which is my waning motivation. I don't even know if I really want to major in CS, but I'm already a sophomore and it's too late to switch to the other majors I'm interested in because of how credit heavy they are.
>>
>>18044813
It's not too late. If you want to major in something else, major in that. Work harder or longer to make up the lost time.
>>
Go in and talk to him you fuckig retard. At worst he will make fun of you and tell you no and at best he will take the assignment and either dock points or just accept it
>>
>>18044824
I'm going to ask, but because all signs point to them not doing shit for me, I'm expecting to be told to fuck off. I just need to move forward but I don't know how, and I don't want this to spiral into something worse.
>>
>>18044813
well you're only option right now is to email your professor with the assignment attached and be straight with him. You've already done the assignment so it can't hurt.

"Hi [professor],

Unfortunately I procrastinated on this assignment and missed the due date by about half an hour.

I was wondering if it's possible to still receive some marks if I hand it in late? Perhaps with a penalty of some lost marks due to it being late? In any case, I've attached the assignment to this email for your consideration.

Thanks,
[Your name]"

Then, if you haven't received any response by the next time you have class with him you go up to him when he's not busy (show up 10 minutes before class or stay a few after to talk--don't interrupt the class to ask) and you say "Hey [professor] I was just wondering if you'd had a chance to look at me email?"

You'd be surprised how far acting like an adult will get you
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.