[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best jobs I can get with the least amount of education?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: slob.jpg (54KB, 552x368px) Image search: [Google]
slob.jpg
54KB, 552x368px
What are the best jobs I can get with the least amount of education? I'm not expecting to be wealthy, but 50-60k CAD (approx 35-45k USD) would be nice. And I'm not afraid of hard work, I just don't want to spend a lot of time in school.
>>
if you dont have a decent education, and aren't willing to get one you're soon going to come face to face with the fact that your only value is in the capabilities of your body.
>>
>>18044654

I have no problem with skilled labor.
>>
>>18044654

>implying

most people get to where they are at (success wise) because they know people.not because they decided to spend $50k+ on a piece of paper.

Anyways you could learn a trade, like carpentry. The world will always need carpenters. Technically, learning a trade is a form of education, but it takes much less time than going getting a degree.
>>
>>18044636
Skilled trades.

I asked the same question 2 years ago.

Im a third year carpenter now.
I make 40-50k in a year if I work full time hours, but theres shut downs and overtime.

Currently Im making 3k a week after tax. Been oin this job since december, it can run out any day but the gettings good.
>>
>>18044747
Did you need to know someone to get hired as an apprentice?
>>
>>18044754
Im gonna say technically.

because I did know someone, and he squeezed me into the class I joined to get admission to the union.

But everyone else in the class applied on their own, and many do the same.

You need to go to the union hall when work is busy, like say spring/summer, or if you live in an oil heavy province, winter could be ok, too, and ask.

If they say no, come back later. Bug them.
>>
>>18044768
I'm actually enrolled in a trade school pre-apprenticeship electrician program. I'm worried about not being able to get an apprenticeship, so I'm thinking about cancelling that shit and getting a class 1 license. I don't even want to be a long-haul trucker, but I think I would like to get a job driving the vehicles on construction sites.
>>
>>18044775

Dont quit that unless you are legit failing the tests.

If yours is anything like mine youd have been thrown out long ago if you werent reasonably on your way to an apprenticeship.

>Class 1

So I guess youre in AB?
>>
Suck cocks on backpage for 50$. If you suck 10 cocks a week thats 500$ tax free ezpz.
>>
>>18044778
The way it works here is that you have to finish the program before you can register as an apprentice and start looking for work. Apprenticeship is a dick around tbqh

Not in AB. As far as I know every province uses numbered classes of license except for Ontario
>>
>>18044794
Ah, I wasnt sure.
Ive only lived in Ontario and AB.

Well I dont know man, the price of oil is rising, so the western provinces should pick up and theyll be hurting sooner or later.

Just start sending resumes, and checkin union and labour offices.

Because really, this is how you're gonna make big cash without training or education. Its doable, too. But look out for you first and foremost.

I gotta hit the hay, night bratha
>>
I'm looking at medical coding, phlebotomist, and emt

Itd u lost the aversion to schooling thered be better options, but I understand wanting the cert asap
>>
>>18044636
The world will always need plumbers. And electricians, construction workers, office clerks, bus drivers, truck drivers, mailmen, cops, firemen, barbers, car salesmen, etc, etc.
>>
File: uhaul-2.jpg (153KB, 400x234px) Image search: [Google]
uhaul-2.jpg
153KB, 400x234px
>>18045406
>bus drivers, truck drivers

Op here. This would be ideal as I like driving trucks. I'm the the go-to guy when friends or family need pic related but don't wanna drive it. I could go to trade school and learn to drive bigger trucks, but the problem is that I'm not so sure that the world actually will always need truck drivers and bus drivers. I guess when Skynet takes over my jawb I can retrain as a heavy equipment mechanic or something
>>
>>18045406

>truck drivers

Watch out for automation
>>
>>18044720
Until youre 60
>>
>>18044747
I doubt you're making 150k a year after tax as a journeyman carpenter.
>>
High school drop out, and I clear 30k a year doing retail management.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.