[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, there's a creative 'social media manager'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1485499167114.jpg (27KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485499167114.jpg
27KB, 480x480px
hey guys, there's a creative 'social media manager' job available online, it's pretty close by but they want this:

>" submit your resume along with your phenomenally impressive cover letter by Monday February 20th. We want evidence of your excellent writing abilities, so applications without a creative cover letter will not be considered."

I thought about doing something in photoshop and have it visually impressive but i think they're looking mainly for creative writing.

Where should i start?
>>
I fucking hate job ads like these but they work really well at cutting the number of people who bother to apply so you're almost guaranteed to get an interview.

You know those funny tinder bios? Try out something like that. List your experience and achievements in a humorous way.
>>
They're going to hire a fat slob who does nothing but preach.

Why the fuck are you not looking at job openings for REAL jobs instead? Did you major in psychology or some shit?
>>
>>18044407
i never went to college desu.

>They're going to hire a fat slob who does nothing but preach.
do you think my 7 years of 4chan experience will suffice?

>>18044403
>You know those funny tinder bios? Try out something like that. List your experience and achievements in a humorous way.

desu this sounds really good and it's probably my safest option.

now..how to begin....
>>
>>18044427
>now..how to begin....

Think of it yourself dude I'm not going to spoonfeed you any more than the concept.
>>
>>18044397
Honestly, I'd send them a cover letter bitching them out for their shitty job ad. I mean really fucking letting them have it. If nothing else, I guarantee they won't get any other cover letters like it.

I'm not saying that's good advice, but it'd be satisfying.

The frustrating thing with ads like that is, you know the people evaluating your cover letter won't be remotely qualified to judge what constitutes a creative or "phenomenally impressive" piece of writing in the least.

In all seriousness, do this.
>>18044403
>>
>>18044427
You're definitely not going to even get it.

Social media managers are basically account managers which basically have low qualifications with their biggest one having a 4 year college degree.
>>
>>18044436
>The frustrating thing with ads like that is, you know the people evaluating your cover letter won't be remotely qualified to judge what constitutes a creative or "phenomenally impressive" piece of writing in the least.

That's untrue. Usually in smaller companies, the actual manager of the department will view those resumes and cover letters/projects. If they specifically request a sample of writing, it is incredibly likely it is a manager or director of that department.

I work in HR and it happens all the time.
>>
>>18044441
>>which basically have low qualifications
I have several IT certificates, but no college degree.
>>
>>18044450
Unless you have years of experience in account management, you're not going to get it.

You can start looking at social media coordinator jobs for a start. But all of these social media jobs require someone that's not an autist.
>>
File: 1478707467915.jpg (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1478707467915.jpg
18KB, 225x225px
>>18044454
>>you're not going to get it.
>>>these social media jobs require someone that's not an autist.
>>not an autist.

oh pls, look at you.
>>
>>18044436
I agree with this guy.

That triggers me so bad when people put childish gay shit in their job ads like "We are looking for an AWESOME DUDE" or a "{insert whatever skill} NINJA" or "super genius"

like they are literally trying to attract dudebro retards who actually find that shit funny
>>
>>18044464
Yeah I know, that's why I'm a programmer, because it practically requires you to be an autist
>>
File: 1486596442607.png (408KB, 954x768px) Image search: [Google]
1486596442607.png
408KB, 954x768px
>>18044469
is that even the same guy??
>>
>>18044446
And? Let me be clear, I'm not saying some low-level peon is gonna be the one to look over the applications, I'm saying that most managers wouldn't know a decent piece of writing if it came up and bit them in the asshole. I used to work pretty regularly as a freelance writer and copy editor and I can't tell you how many times I saw a genuinely fun and creative piece of writing (not necessarily mine) lose out to a generic piece of shit.

Of course, your specific company might employ some unusually savvy/talented managers -- it's just that a lot of them ... don't. And the wording of the job ad in the OP does inspire confidence.
>>
>>18044493
it's a work in progress
>>
>I thought about doing something in photoshop
Unless the job is about graphic design or visual artwork, then no don't do this.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.