[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it pathetic to degrade myself in an attempt to bring smiles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 78658696784.png (191KB, 932x512px) Image search: [Google]
78658696784.png
191KB, 932x512px
Is it pathetic to degrade myself in an attempt to bring smiles and laughter to others? A lot of my humor is self-deprecating but sometimes I feel like I take it too far.
>>
File: 1485416023568.jpg (60KB, 350x382px) Image search: [Google]
1485416023568.jpg
60KB, 350x382px
>>18044216

>Is it pathetic to degrade myself in an attempt to bring smiles and laughter to others?

Yes. It can be funny in small bursts but being around someone who constantly talks shit about themselves, jokingly or not, is like being stuck with shower with a hot fart. Its stifling. Its extremely tiresome and it'll dry up every vagina in the room.
>>
>>18044216
You're a good person for doing this but you have to understand that it's not the only form of humor even if it's better than hurting others.
I would not laugh at/with a person who is self deprecating but instead try to understand.
Being depressed most of the time and with Valentine's day coming even more, I would never wish on any other soul my suffering, except maybe on those without heart because they need to know what we endure.
>>
>>18044225
I don't go out of my way to convince people I'm a piece of shit, I'll just answer "Well, I'd have to have been awake to be able to tell you. I guess they just decided to pass me because they were sick of looking at me" in response to being asked "How did you do in school?" for example.
>>
>>18044238

>I guess they just decided to pass me because they were sick of looking at me" in response to being asked "How did you do in school?" for example.

Yeah, that sucks. Stop doing that shit. I got exhausted with you just reading that. Its not funny. Its just sad and irritating.
>>
>>18044264
Got it.
>>
>>18044216
Worst thing I've ever done to myself, ever. Now I'm just a depressed lonely psychopath who wants nothing but hate and suffering.
>>
>>18044386
We all gotta learn to laugh at ourselves sometime
>>
>>18044238

If you were 40 years old or more it would be charming especially if you were blue collar.

Any younger and it makes you look complacent and uncaring. Like youve given up in your prime.
>>
>>18044431
I'm 24
>>
>>18044438
Yeah man.. People like humility. Its cool to be aware of your flaws and even a bit self depricating. But too much you become a downer.
>>
>>18044216
Not only is it pathetic, you'll draw the attention of people who enjoy degrading other people.
>>
>>18044216
Humility and modesty is good but knocking yourself down is kinda uncomfortable and attracts bad friendship people start to think "well if they think they're so shit maybe they are shit"
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.