[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For a couple of years now I've had these bumps growing on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

For a couple of years now I've had these bumps growing on the side of my thumbs, and I have no idea what caused them. They suck as they are VERY sensitive to pain, and said pain lasts a long time. I don't even remember what life was like when they started growing, but I'll give the run down.

~3 years agoish, a bump on my right thumb starts growing, and fast.
~Later on, I try multiple things to remove it: popping it with a toothpick (turns out it's made of flesh and blood, not juice like blisters), compound w, and cutting it off. Too no suffice.
~2 years ago the one on my left starts growing. To this day it's never been as big as my right one, but it's still growing unlike my right one.
~Later that year I got them both removed; had to wear bandages for like 2 months only to have them come back.
~1 year ago the left one starts growing like it's on steroids. Still not as big as the right one, but it's p. much multiplying.

What do I do? They hamper almost every aspect of my life and they're very unpleasing to the eye. I've tried freezing them off, cutting them off, popping them, and to no avail. Wat do? Will post more pics.
>>
If it helps, it seems to be that the edges of my fingerprint cover the edge of the bumps. I'm hoping that it's not in my genetics or caused by some mutation, but at this point any closure would be nice.
>>
back of the right one. It protrudes much less from the finger print side than the nail side.
>>
this is the left one. smaller and not as painful.
>>
more perpendicular and last photo. any help is appreciated.
>>
I'm no doc, but they look something like warts. Do you work with your hands a lot?

I'd recommend asking a doc, but if you don't have that option, you could try tea tree oil.
>>
>>18044039
I thought they were warts, but I've had plenty before and these look nothing like them, at least the ones ive had. When it comes to working with my hands, I do often, but never does anything really come into continual contact with the outside of my thumbs.

I did consult a doctor, and they said it might be elephantitis (which I doubt). he and another doctor sliced them off and told me that they would tell me what it was when they figured it out, but i never got a call back.

what exactly does tea tree oil do?
>>
Tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, fungicide and generally helps heal wounds. Another words, if these bumps are caused by fungus, bacteria or virus, it will try to kill it. It's been used for everything from acne, to psoriasis, MRSA, chickenpox, fungal infections.
Thought it may be worth a try for your hands.

I use it regularly if I get some athletes foot. Works like a charm!

It's quite strong so be sure to wash your hands with soap so you the oil doesn't end up in your eyes. External use only.

If it doesn't work on your hands, you can use it like a vapor rub, as it will clear up congestion and can relieve muscle aches.
>>
>>18044108
hmm. wikipedia says it's not very useful and tends to be toxic on the body, but webmd's users show pretty good results. i'll have to give it some good consideration.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.