[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I half-heartedly pretend to be ambitious because I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: garbageman.jpg (31KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
garbageman.jpg
31KB, 400x266px
I half-heartedly pretend to be ambitious because I don't want to let my dad down. All I really want to do for a living is drive a garbage truck for 50k (CAD) a year and have a quiet, simple life. I know what the right thing to do is, but how can I not let it make me feel like shit?
>>
File: uahdf.png (59KB, 291x373px) Image search: [Google]
uahdf.png
59KB, 291x373px
>tfw garbage men in Canada make as much as teachers do in America.
>>
>>18041691
One job is literally shittier though.

Personally I don't care but most of society will look down on a garbage man and then praise a teacher. There's a stigma to being a garbage man for some reason. People will think you're dumb and dirty, but really someone has to do it so who cares and it does make a decent salary.

I'd do it if I didn't already make more than them right now. Seems like an incredibly simple and responsible free job.
>>
>>18041691
They get paid well because you need a certain class of driver's license to operate those trucks. If garbage men were offered minimum wage or whatever they would just become truckers.
>>
>>18041706
>>18041708
Oh no, it's more that I had to pay tens of thousands of dollars for a 5 year degree and I'm assuming you can be a garbage man without having to invest that much money into it.

There's other perks of teaching I know, just laughing at how much the US likes to claim they value education when they barely make the pay worth the cost of the degree lol.
>>
>>18041711
I'll let you in on a big secret. Anyone with half a brain in the US knows our public education system is severely broken. The compensation is horrible and the standards are even worse. It needs to be privatized honestly. Liberals will tell you the new Sec of Education is an idiot and shouldn't have been voted into office but it's just because they're too ignorant to realize how broken the public education system is and someone on the other side of the isle can fix the problem they won't have it.
>>
>>18041711
Well, there's two things going on there. Yes, US teachers are underpaid, but college is also a scam.
>>
>>18041723
Eh, if you completely privatize it with the state of poverty our nation is, all you'll have is a bunch of illiterate kids sucking up welfare because they don't have any basic skills whatsoever, because their deadbeat parents who they never asked to be born to couldn't afford even the basic education.
The education is a nightmare though, I'll agree. Kids are too busy learning how to fill in scan trons than actually, you know, learning. Standardized testing is the biggest plague to the education system. You spend more time in school learning how to take a test than useful skills. Guess when you'll ever take a test outside of school in the real world? Never again.
>>18041725
>College is a scam
100% agree lol. Scam you have to buy into in order to secure your life though. There aren't many well paying jobs that are relatively safe/guaranteed that don't require the useless piece of paper that says you can sit in a chair for 8 hours a day.
>>
>>18041731
Well, I'm the guy who dropped out of university to learn truck driving at a trade school. The program is three months, costs less than 1500, and I should have no trouble getting hired to drive a garbage truck or some other industrial vehicle. I could make significantly more money if I wanted to do long haul trucking, but I want a simple life where I can come home every night to watch tv and shitpost.
>>
>>18041723
I don't disagree with the points you made but here's a pretty good article (in spite of the source) that counters the "everything is broken" argument
http://huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5894e819e4b061551b3dfe51
>>
>>18041999
Woops
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/us-public-schools-are-not-failing-theyre-among_us_5894e819e4b061551b3dfe51
>>
>>18041680
If you wanna be a garbage man, be a garbage man. The job is gross, but the money is well worth it and it is a government job too, so you get certain benefits and things better than most other jobs. You're the one who has to deal with working for yourself, so do what YOU want. Tell your daddeh he can respectfully suck it.
>>
>>18041680
Whatever you choose OP just make sure you feel your life is fine for the moment. A lot of people out there won't judge you for being a garbage man, myself included. If you decide to be something else later, do it.
>>
>>18041723
>someone who doesn't know anything about the public school situation, never taught in one, never went to one, and who literally bought her position can fix education and anyone who is skeptical or point out the idiocy of this is just ignorant

you are a literal retard
>>
you ever heard of driverless cars? how long until garbage trucks are driverless bitchboy? quiet simple life's gonna turn into sucking dick for money real quick.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.