[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a college student who lives by myself. All my friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: lonely-boy.jpg (65KB, 660x500px) Image search: [Google]
lonely-boy.jpg
65KB, 660x500px
I'm a college student who lives by myself. All my friends either went to a different college or dropped me as a friend all together. The only social interaction I have on a daily basis is with my classmates that I don't know very well. Loneliness has set in by now and I only leave my room to eat or go to class. Whats the best way to meet new people?
>>
>>18041615

by not locking yourself away in your room all day. go outside. talk to people. when you dont know someone well invite them over to hang out. ask what they do for fun, what movies, shows or games they play.

find the common interest than invite them over for that.
>>
get a hobby. learn an instrument, play a sport, go to parties or bars if you're that kind of person. join a club or something. You're at uni, they have shit in place for you to do to keep you psychologically and socially stimulated. Just wait till you're stuck in a dead end job with an ex wife who hates you living on the other side of the state with your kids and no friends to speak of and nothing but cigarettes and whiskey to get you through the week.
>>
>>18041638
>ex wife
I would be so happy if i had an ex wife.
>>
>>18041630
This.
College is living on easy mode. You're literally surrounded by peers.
>>18041615
Go to every single college event, no matter how cheesy and autistic they sound (they will be, trust me. Power through)
Talk to literally every person you see.
Join literally every club you can fit time in for, whether you think you'll like it or not.
Eat on campus, go find someone sitting alone, ask to sit with them. Talk.
>>
>>18041615
Get to know your classmates. If your program is at all challenging, you will end up bonding with them over work anyway, so you might as well get a head start.
>>
>>18041703
>show up to class exactly as it starts or 30 seconds late every time
>instantly speedwalk out the second it ends
>if i have to speak during class make sure to look only at professor
>avoid all eye contact with everyone except professor

>repeat to 2nd semester of sophmore year until you still are a virgin and have 0 friends at all and probably 5 people know your name
>me
>>
>>18041662
Only a beta, forever alone cuck would think that...
...oh wait this is /adv/.

In all seriousness, I'm sure that seems appealing if you're looking at it like "hurr it's better to love and lose than to never be loved", but divorce can come with its own set of issues. Especially if there are kids involved. If it ended badly, this isn't 2 people looking back fondly at their memories sighing bittersweetly like the plot of a poorly written romantic comedy. This is 2 people that have gone through hell, worked their asses off, tried to raise a family, and sacrificed everything only for it to fall apart anyway.
>>
>>18041669
>Go to every single college event, no matter how cheesy and autistic they sound (they will be, trust me. Power through)
>Talk to literally every person you see.
>Join literally every club you can fit time in for, whether you think you'll like it or not.
>Eat on campus, go find someone sitting alone, ask to sit with them. Talk.

OP this is the only advice you need. I was a shut in faggot in college (even though I had friends outside of school/classes), and it took me 2.5 years to start being openly social and friendly to random people in my class. Every new class I get I make it a priority to sit with at a random table or next to some random people. This was the best thing that I ever realized, I'm just mad I didn't realize it sooner. I started at a community college for 1.5 years right after high school so I blame that partially for my "keep to myself" attitude.
>>
>>18042225
Tfw too FUCKING DISGUSTING to do this. A girl would literally, i guarantee, rather look our old men professors in the eyes and fuck them than they would me. Thank you universe for making me 1/10
>>
Stop fap, start being around and talking shit with people around. Good people I mean. Stop crying around again. Just stop this beta shit. Be more open, try being good with people and classmates. Your missing out a fuck ton if you don't keep any friends now. The fact that they dropped you means you have some major flaws like selfishness or something way autistic.
>>
>>18041615
>The only social interaction I have on a daily basis is with my classmates that I don't know very well.
At least they interact with you i am envious
>>
Your uni class should have a Facebook page. Make a post about wanting to make a study group, or wanting to join a study group for any class.
>>
>>18042308
implying i have a facebook

implying if i made one everyone wouldn't cringe and kill themselves at the empty profile and 0 friends on it
>>
>>18042218
That sure sucks, and that's one reason why i wouldn't get married quickly.

But i would really want kids at some point.

And a situation like that is still better than being a childless loner, because at least you have lived, you have done things.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.