/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend of 3 and a half years financed a $20,000 car without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

File: 274053.jpg (71KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
274053.jpg
71KB, 900x600px
My boyfriend of 3 and a half years financed a $20,000 car without talking to me first. We have been living together for over 2 years and since then have made all huge financial decisions together, but this is the damn icing on the cake. I am SO mad and stressed and feeling very betrayed. What is the best way to handle this? We don't have a high enough income to afford this car comfortably, and payments are for the next 6.5 years. That takes away any possibility of marriage, kids, or moving out of our shitty townhouse. I feel so upset that he made this huge financial decision without me.
He seems upset that I am upset, but also hasn't made any attempts at returning the car, even though he knows this takes away any future opportunity for us until we're in our 30's.
What do? Should I leave? Should I learn to live with it? This has been stressing me out so much i've been puking and crying daily.
Any sort of advice would be helpful right now

Pic related, it's the car that's sitting in our damn parking spot.
>>
>>18040866
You should honestly get over it.
He has been inconsiderate - he shouldn't have made such an important decision without you. That's all you're right about.
First, you're not married. It is HIS money, not yours. Unless he is taking away something from you (not being able to pay his share of the bills/rent, not being able to pay for his food) he isn't harming you in any way. If he felt like he wanted to invest on this, it's perfectly fine for him to do so.
Second, you're supposing you won't be increase your income in the next 6.5 years, which is definitely foolish unless you did all the wrong career choices possible.
Third, if you cannot handle a small stress like "my boyfriend did something stupid with his money" you definitely cannot handle kids, or marriage, or adult life.
Get your shit together, stop being so dramatic, live with the fact that your boyfriend isn't your child and you cannot decide what he does with his own money.
And stop puking, ruins your teeth.
>>
Is this being funded partially by your income? If yes, then I would leave. And let it be a lesson for the future, which is that you never pool together income/accounts, because it leads to shit like this.

If this is done purely from his income, I don't see how this impact you. In my opinion, he has no obligation to inform you about the way he spends his money, or rather, you have no say in this.

>That takes away any possibility of marriage, kids, or moving out of our shitty townhouse.
That might have been the intent.
>>
>>18040881
Thank you for the honest advice. And I'm sure just getting over it is the right option.
It was just hurtful since marriage was next on the agenda and now it seems he has chosen to be selfish instead. I am mostly concerned because he has not been able to save as little as 20 dollars a month even when he's trying. I am overly worried he will not be able to pay for this car, therefore not being able to pay for his 50% of the bills and making me sink with him.
I would have just preferred a warning instead of this being dropped on me like a bomb, he does not even have his license. It was a very spontaneous decision. But the only option i seem to have is to wait to see if he can handle it. I just don't want it all falling back on me over a decision I didn't have part in.
>>
>>18040889
He can't afford this car if i'm not with him so I sure hope that his intent wasn't for selfish reasons. He can hardly afford it even if i am paying for my share of bills. He has started asking me to cut my own costs and it has only been 4 days. I only make 100 dollars extra a month. I guess it is just a lot to take in all at once.
>>
>>18040892
I would make it explicitly clear to him that you will never ever, in no way whatsoever, no-chance-in-hell pay a single dollar/pound/euro for the payments of that vehicle, or compensating him for other losses he endures because of these payments. If he is as financially irresponsible as you say, he will invariably start building debt, perhaps from you. If he does, write down every single penny and make sure you keep track of the debt, and charge interest.
>he can't even drive
wow.

>>18040914
>He has started asking me to cut my own costs
That is absolutely unacceptable.
>>
>>18040892
I think you definitely have bigger problems than the car itself.

Marriage shouldn't be just the next step on the agenda. It shouldn't be just something you do because you've been together for a while and why not. The best way to have a failed marriage is seeing it as a relationship upgrade.

It is clear that he's not a functioning adult. If he cannot manage his money and he's not able to save at all, he shouldn't be living alone, let alone get married or have kids.
Buying a car without even having a license isn't a logical action (or spending a lot of money on your first car), and buying something that costs a lot of money spontaneously, without thinking it thoroughly is absurd.

I think you should have an exit plan in case he cannot handle his car payments, and be sure you're not legally obligated to cover his expenses in any way.
>>
>>18040921
He is out learning how to drive with a friend as we speak. I guess I can't blame the entirety of his irresponsible spending on just him, he has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and from reading that can have huge influence on his spending.
It still does not excuse anything but it definitely is unsettling to live with on a constant.
The deal I have made with him is that we are going to have a book full of our sending/bills/and payments so on. Everything will be written down in this book by both of us, including as little as purchasing a coffee, so we can both feel confident in knowing where our money is going, and potentially cut costs and afford this car. But it has definitely ripped out a large chunk of the money trust.
If he starts sinking into huge debt I give myself no option but to leave, I'm too young to stay with someone who willingly screwed themselves over financially.
>>
>>18040866
>We don't have a high enough income to afford this car comfortably, and payments are for the next 6.5 years. That takes away any possibility of marriage, kids, or moving out of our shitty townhouse.
Was he aware that the purchase would affect you both as much as it does for the next 6.5 years?

>I feel so upset that he made this huge financial decision without me.
He made a huge financial decision? He bought a car, not one that needed your permission to buy, but he should have considered whether he could afford before doing so.

Raise the issue without dramatics like
>puking and crying daily.
and explain that it has put your relationship in a bad place as you needed some financial stability to progress.

Don't make the purchase about the relationship, because it will only make him resent you.
He might have needed a car, granted he made a poor decision (presuming you are giving factual information), but some things are needed, however this could be what makes you realise he isn't responsible enough to bother getting married/having kids in the first place

tl;dr point out how stupid it is paying for a car that won't be worth its value by the time he has paid for it, don't make it about you, try not to cry and vomit while doing so
>>
>>18040925
I have been having a lot of second thoughts these past few months and now that he has purchased this car it really makes me wonder if this is the right decision for me. And even though I love him, where will the rest of my life go if he can't as much talk to me about something like a car? Will he finance other things? Still spend careless amounts of money? I can't constantly be wondering where our money is going, and I don't want it to get to a point where I have to watch him like a dog over his own bank account. It should just be something he is responsible for himself. Maybe this car will finally kick him into being responsible. But for now the next few months could either go terrible or I could be surprised. The unknown is stressful enough.
>>
>>18040948
The day that he told me he told me that he made the decision for both of us. And that he bought a family car so that we could have a family.
This is what concerned me the most, seeing as he didn't even think about the fact that buying this car means we couldn't afford to do things like have a family. I think that he bought this for himself, that the car salesman waved this new shiny car infront of him, and told him he could take it home that day. This shows me he's not thinking with logic and is instead thinking with impatience and his own wants.
>>
>>18040951
>Maybe this car will finally kick him into being responsible.

Maybe, wouldn't bet on it, though.
>>
>>18040960
>The day that he told me he told me that he made the decision for both of us. And that he bought a family car so that we could have a family.

Easy solution - get pregnant and tell him you made that decision for the both of you.
>>
Ignore >>18040948

>>18040892
>>18040960
>he has not been able to save as little as 20 dollars a month even when he's trying
>he does not even have his license
Does he have a real job? I mean a real job that you get a career from, not an entry level job anyone can walk into.

You shouldn't bother with him, he is a complete fucking idiot and you have high expectations of someone who clearly isn't mature enough for a serious relationship.
Also you don't get married just because you have been together for X amount of time, you get married because you want to get married, you sound like a shit person who wants to latch onto someone just because you are scared of dying alone.
>>
>>18040963
Would have even been better if he saved to put a down payment on the car before he got his license. But instead took home the car at %0 down the same day he saw it for the first time. How impatient of a decision..
>>
>>18040933
the thing with the book is a good and necessary idea. I would go further, namely that you very clearly keep track of your income(s) as well, how much each of you earned.
And you should make it very clear for all of your expenses (at least the big ones), from who's income it's taken. For example, the car payments you should substract from his income, with a factor of 100% (meaning *he and only he* pays for it). Things that are common expenses like rent, food, gas (if both of you use the car) you can do 50/50 on, or whatever share you decide. I'm >>18040889 and said what an awful idea it is to pool incomes together without keeping track of who paid how much for what out of the common pool.
If he indeed can't avoid the debt abyss and you're forced to leave, you will be _very_ happy you did this. I would make sure you keep a copy of that book around, that you do a monthly rundown, and that both of you sign this, properly, with a note on the date/location of signing.
At some point, an excel table might come in more handy.
>>
>>18040970
He works at a fiberglass plant making $20/h. It sounds like an okay wage but i only make $11/h and i pay for %50 of the bills. Which we decided was fair at the time but I can only assume now im going to have to come up with either a better job somehow or more percent of the bills.
I didn't necessarily mean that we had to get married. It has just been a topic of discussion for the past 6 months that we had really been considering. And him doing this shows that he did not really think about that consideration. Not that we need an expensive wedding, but i can't trust being married to someone who makes these sort of decisions.
>>
>>18040974
He has already started making spreadsheets on his computer to show me that he can handle it. The spreadsheet shows that he makes over $1000 dollars extra a month so where has that all been going the past 2 years i've lived with him? Even before he was asking for me to pitch more than my 50% because he could not afford sometimes. I purchased the book today and told him we will have one for both groceries and bills. We will have one for every year that will have our receipts and all money information. I'm going to make sure this is all on paper because if we arent going to have joint accounts im going to be sure he's able to still support the other half of this house. I've told him I'm not paying for any of this car unless I come into a large sum of money, which is very unlikely. I said I would pitch for gas if i was given rides or if I eventually end up driving it. But since I wasn't part of the decision, I am not part of the payments.
>>
He spent $20k on a 3 year old Chevy Cruze. A Chevy Cruz.

He's a fool. Dump him.
>>
>>18040979
>He works at a fiberglass plant making $20/h. It sounds like an okay wage but i only make $11/h and i pay for 50% of the bills. Which we decided was fair at the time but I can only assume now im going to have to come up with either a better job somehow or more percent of the bills.
He earns almost twice the amount you do, but pays the same absolute amount into common expenses but still has trouble not running out of money?
While one could maybe make an argument for the 50/50 ratio (but that one's already problematic, seeing the blatant income disparity), you should staunchly oppose any proposal to increase your share for the common expenses. Completely unacceptable. Resist.
And don't think that, just because you contribute merely 1/3 to your total income as a couple, that you're any less responsible about or entitled to decisions about what happens with your funds.

>>18040993
>The spreadsheet shows that he makes over $1000 dollars extra a month
You will have to take over bookkeeping.
>>
File: 1479704619412.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1479704619412.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>18041009
>>
>>18041009
To be honest I was super surprised, he's been talking about getting a Skyline since I met him and comes home with this ???? Not his type of purchase at all,
>>
>>18041012
Trust me i know he has been having problems with his money for years. But it seemed so innocent up until now. Purchasing things like video games, collectibles, a couple immature buys but nothing as HUGE as this. Nothing that would even make me think that this could happen one day. Growing up he had always been poor so i think this is his way of compensating... He likes to live like a single man in a shared relationship. I have tried to bring up changing the 50/50 to 60/40 or even just helping me pay for more groceries but it turns into a fight every time. We used to make similar income but when his kept increasing our shares just stayed the same. I make maybe 150 extra a month, i never get to buy anything for myself, yet he always comes home with all of these fun toys and luxuries for himself. i try to not think about it but sometimes it becomes a little frustrating. He tells me to get a better job when he got this high paying job even without a high school diploma. He tells me it's easy but i've been looking for years.
>>
>>18041015
>skyline
So your boyfriend is a faggot. Based on this fact and your issues with his financial decisions you should just dump him.
>>
File: 1472821976344.gif (2MB, 283x313px) Image search: [Google]
1472821976344.gif
2MB, 283x313px
Jesus Christ on the goddamn cross

20K for GM garbage? If you check out the NHTSA database GM sacks of garbage like this tend to detonate airbags well after an accident has already occurred.

To be ultra brutally quite honest if it doesn't have a straight six and a 5 star crash rating for mild overlap just fucking return it.

Amerilard mobiles are white trash tier and if he doesn't return it immediately just leave him.
>>
>>18041038
>Amerilard mobiles are white trash tier
Look kids, it's a limp wristed faggot. Don't get too close.
>>
>>18040866
Jesus. I just quickly went through what you said and shit's crazy. There are multiple signs this relationship isn't ready for a marriage and this car is only the last.

Avoid the marriage until everything has been cleared out by years of correct behaviour, or dump this sinking ship.

Tbh I'd personally not wait and gtfo, but it's me and I have no bond of any sort with him and like independence. To me he would be a risk I would not take.
He hides info about his earnings, takes half of your when he makes double and randomly buys a car for his own interest. That is not a family car. Sounds like a leech. Take all of this with a grain of salt cause I'm just an anon on the web, who hasn't seen the whole story.
Still, consider well your sitaution.

Take care
- Locke
>>
>>18041064
Thank you very much for the response. It's been helpful seeing everyone elses opinions. It feels like im in a very uncommon scenario with multiple different outcomes and none of them honestly sound great. I live across the country from the rest of my family, and have already been through hell and back in this relationship. The last thing I want to do is break this off, especially leaving this what would become a huge burden on him like that. But from the way things have been rolling i might have to call it quits for the good of both of us. Thank you again.
>>
OP, some people with automobile knowledge have expressed contempt for your bf's car purchasing decision. I have no clue about cars, but I would recommend making a thread on /o/ asking precisely how stupid that was. amount of money paid, for what car, how old, etc.

Good luck with everything. I think you'll need it. I made a few posts ITT, but I've come to agree with >>18041064. Meaning, initiate the leaving process. Godspeed.
>>
>>18041049
https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2015/DODGE/CHALLENGER/2%252520DR/RWD#complaints

Consider suicide.
>>
>>18041079
If i were to be honest I dont think at this point I could talk him into returning it even if he knew how stupid this decision was. He is on some sort of excitement high, and nothing I've said so far has even made him consider returning it. He's thrown up from stress over it himself. So I think he's in it for the long run, even if it is the stupidest thing ever. Whatever i say that is against the car just makes him mad at this point.
>>
What the actual fuck? I'm kinda more worried about your BF being stupid enough to invest 20 grand in a car like that than the actual purchase decision.

Don't know about the prices in the US but here you could get a decent BMW or Audi for that money.
>>
>>18040866
You don't have a right to be mad because you are his girlfriend not his wife. You don't get a say in his finances.
>>
>>18041094
I am pretty sure he made a bipolar decision. In a manic state. It's my only damn conclusion to this, he usually does not do anything like this, hes never even talked about this car even once before. The excitement of the possibility of having a car swept him off his feet before he even thought about it. I even asked him if this could be a bipolar decision and he said "i don't know." I told him to wait a week and instead he told me to stop telling him what to do.
>>
>>18041096
But he has a say in hers?
Should I remind you that they both now need to cut expenses because of the car?

- Locke
>>
>>18041096
read the thread. first 6 posts should suffice.
>>
>>18040866

>He has started asking me to cut my own costs
Hell no motherfucker.
The guy is irresponsible as hell. If he expects you to cut your costs to be able to pay the car that HE bought after fucking less than a week, i don't think he can manage himself economically, and that without having kids.

Seriously, if the dude does idiotic things like this in the future, i think your chances of getting a happy family are out of the table.

>>18040925
>If he cannot manage his money and he's not able to save at all, he shouldn't be living alone, let alone get married or have kids.

This anon gets it.

>
I think you should have an exit plan in case he cannot handle his car payments, and be sure you're not legally obligated to cover his expenses in any way.

I'm seconding this. That's the best advice you can get. As another anon said above, the dude's can not function in the real world if he cannot control himself over buying the most random and expensive shit.

>>18040933

>I'm too young to stay with someone who willingly screwed themselves over financially.

Indeed you are.
>>
>>18041097
Well in that case he might need more medication so this won't happen over and over again.

But frankly, you should prepare an exit plan.
>>
Leave him... It sounds incredibly harsh, but that would be the best decision for you... He WILL spend his money recklessly like that many, many more times. It is a classical symptom of bipolar disorder, sadly. The guy does not even know how to drive and buys an expensive car, using you as a financial crutch. His reasonning for buying it is completely bogus aswell. He's certainly spending on random shit you don't know about either. He's not a good family man.
>>
>>18041085
Consider being a faggot. Oh wait, you already are one...
>muh safety
>i need safety ratings to determine whether i buy a car
Fucking pussy.
>>
File: 1443314248150.gif (767KB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
1443314248150.gif
767KB, 298x298px
>>18040866

The money belongs to him but the relationship belongs to the both of you. He was perfectly happy to utilize your money when it benefited him so to turn around and say "Hey its my money" is utter bullshit.

I've read through the thread and this guy sounds like a disaster. I know you love him but love on its own doesn't sustain relationships. Communication and respect does and its obvious that he isn't interested in doing either of those things with you.

Dedicating to spend your life with some bipolar fuck who wastes his money and expects you to pay for his bad decisions is the apex of bad decision making.
>>
>>18041119
They don't have a plan. They aren't engaged, they aren't saving up for marriage, they don't have a date, they don't have a strict time table about when to do what.
They informally talked about eventually getting married. I do so with my SO since we had been together for 2 years, and it was 7 years ago.

For a normal adult who can manage his own money, a car isn't a huge investment and it doesn't fuck over your whole budget to the point that you cannot do anything to progress in life for 7 years. It clearly isn't the case with OP's boyfriend, but I couldn't know so from the OP.
The car is the symptom of something bigger, the car itself wouldn't be such a huge deal for me.

Then - OP's boyfriend is shit and she should break up with him. Not for the car, but because he's extremely unreliable and he'll fuck her over.
>>
>>18041133
>Dedicating to spend your life with some bipolar fuck who wastes his money and expects you to pay for his bad decisions is the apex of bad decision making.

Bravo. This anon gets it too. Hell, everyone gets it except the casual 2 or 3 dumbasses.
If he doesn't acknowledge that he made a poor decision and/or put the relationship in risk, i would, imo, recommend you to dump him.
He has no salvation.

>>18041119

This too.

>>18040881

No. Just no.
>>
>>18041073
>The last thing I want to do is break this off, especially leaving this what would become a huge burden on him like that.

I understand this can make you feel guilty, but you can't tie yourself to someone who dumps this "huge burden" on you without even consulting you first.

You may have a couple options, but neither is good. Either you decide to leave him immediately and explain why things wouldn't work. Tell him that this kind of burden cannot be dropped any reasonable human being like that and that given you are not going to help cover the cost of this last drop he should return the car for his own sake, and his own only as you will no longer be there.

Cont in next
>>
>>18041157
>For a normal adult who can manage his own money, a car isn't a huge investment

That's the problem; He isn't.

>Then - OP's boyfriend is shit and she should break up with him. Not for the car, but because he's extremely unreliable and he'll fuck her over.

I'll give you that one.
>>
cont from >>18041163

Or you stand your ground with the notebook of finances and try to see how the situation evolves. This behavior must not be merely passive though.
Look for alternatives in the meanwhile, another place to stay if that house is his (honestly didn't catch this if it has been said) and all this sort of stuff. Basically plan a life without him. As soon as he asks for more than what he already does (which is already way beyond what I would agree upon) dump him and start your new life.
Make it clear from the start though that the stakes are high and that further conscious omissions and general tomfoolery will not be tolerated. This is his last chance.

con in next
>>
>>18041164
I agree on that, but I couldn't know it from the OP.
I changed my mind as soon as she replied to me and told me he is unreliable, and I wrote in that same post that if he isn't able to take care of himself he shouldn't have done it and it is unacceptable.
>>
cont from >>18041168

For God sake, don't forget to plan ahead. Plan everything. Also if you trust your parents, talk to them. Make your intentions clear, you are looking for a new life in case he wastes his last chance with you. This only if you have loving parents, cause they will support your decisions no matter what, and possibly help out with more insight both about this specific guy which we do not know and about how moving out and making your place in the world works. In case your parents are biased or you don't trust them, try a best friend, one which you can trust with your own life (your actual life, cause this is all it's about). Don't ask them what they would do, tell them what you want to do and see how the idea bounces off of them. I find it very helpful to reflect by throwing stuff at my best buds, it usually comes back better polished and never radically altered. Helps me find out details I missed.

I'd go with the second option. Still though, I don't know your whole story or your current situation. The plan I provided might not be suitable for you in particular. Also wait to see what other anons have to say about it, I am sure someone with more experience can improve on this.

Good luck for everything OP
-Locke
>>
>>18041174
I agree with you very much.
She should tell him that she's not gonna tolerate any more idiotic, irresponsible money-wasting shit, and that if he keeps pulling stuff like that, she's gonna dump him. Let him know he cannot do this. It sounds like i'm talking about a kid, for fucks sake.

Imagine if he pulls some shit like this while you've got kids. Chaos.
>>
>>18041132
I'm still waiting for an actual comeback here Fiatshill.
>>
>>18040866
How the fuck are people this financially illiterate?
A car is a depreciating liability - which means you've already lost most of it's resale value which means that you're going to be on the hook for it, even if you sell it.

Your boyfriend is a fucking moron, and the fact that he did it without consulting you about getting into massive debt FOR THE NEXT 6 YEARS shows how little he values your opinion, as well as showing that he is financially illiterate.

I'd be worried if he's hiding credit card debt ontop of other debt like student debt and more.

He's basically financially crippled you. If I were in your position, I'd say fuck this guy - good that you're UNMARRIED AND WITHOUT KIDS because he's fucked you over financially. If you left, you could get the payments kept in his name.
>>
>>18040892
>no license
>spontaneous decision

Poor impulse control.
How long until he takes his shiny new car out on a ride with no license and runs over somebody due to the fuck that he's a shit driver?

Cops will love that.
>>
>>18041027

He's never going to change. I hope you understand that. A family member ended up marrying someone similar. He ended up making big purchases without talking to her, which ended in a huge fight. He said he'd change. Then he goes off to Iraq for a few years and debt collectors started to call. He was still making absurd purchases, but he was doing his best not to let her know so that they wouldn't fight. And he was dragging her down with him. Even until the day she died, it never stopped. He took out life insurance on her, and from what I understand, got somewhere around 100k when she died of cancer.
>>
>>18041096
If they're planning on getting married, and she has to foot most of the bills when he makes double the amount she does, I'd say she has every right to complain. He's making her cut back on spending now.
>>
>>18041096
I was on board with this after the first post, but not so much after the next few posts.

This girl needs to gtfo of this relationship and kick this loser to the curb.
>>
>>18041331
Why do I need a comeback? The fact that you're so concerned with safety standards leads me to believe you are either a mother with kids or a homosexual male with a small dick. I don't need some comeback stating that driving a fast car is a lot of fun for any male with pair of balls.
>>
>>18040933
>he has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder

He is having an episode. Is he on medication? Is he sleeping and eating right? Bipolar does not make you bad with money in general. He has brought the car in a state of (hypo?)mania, and you can bet your life that he he have spend no time thinking about the practicalities of this.
>>
>>18041527 here

This thread is filled with so much shit advice. This is fucking textbook manic behaviour and all you morons are giving your retarded reads of the bf's personality. He is having a psychiatric incident for fucks sake. Get him to a professional. He could get psychotic or do something even less thought through that buying a car.
>>
I'd like to counter the folks saying you should just get over it. While it's true that it's his money and he should be free to do whatever he wants with it, it clearly affects you deeply. You're not married, but you were obviously planning to be (maybe he didn't see it that way?) and if he has trouble paying his share of the bills and you're going to be using a car, I think it's definitely your business that he suddenly made a decision of that sort.

So I think you really need to talk to him. Tell him just like you told us. And really consider if you want to be married to someone who pulls this kind of shit.
>>
if op was a man and his partner a woman, you wouldn't hesitate to tell him to leave her.
OP, if I were you I'd consider breaking up.

I'm a guy btw
>>
>>18041527
OP this is something that should be seriously considered. I have seen how quickly a bipolar person's behaviour can spiral out of control.
>>
>>18040866
>my bf is irresponsible and now we can't get married or have kids :(

Psshh he did you a favor. Get the hell out of there.
>>
>Pic related, it's the car that's sitting in our damn parking spot.
what kind of man walks into a dealership and gets sold this for 20 grand
what possible reasons could someone have for getting this lump of shit
it literally is not worth half that much
>>
File: b1e011193847901bce96b4e89cd6945d.jpg (389KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
b1e011193847901bce96b4e89cd6945d.jpg
389KB, 2048x1536px
>>18040866
You should be mad. Chevy is doo doo.
>>
>>18040866
Honestly OP, you're too good and smart to be with your boyfriend. I had stupid people in my life who tried to nudge me to finance a car on a 5-6 year payment plan. I instead saved up 15k over a year paid cash for my car and have zero worries now. I know even this is a luxury that not many have. I didn't have to pay rent or support a girlfriend. I just put every dollar towards a car and avoided the debt system.

It's very bad to finance a car, as you already know, if you're in the situation that you're in. The fact that your boyfriend would be this impulsive and callous to not even ask for your opinion, is just unbelievable to me. No one should treat their significant other like your boyfriend did to you -- I would never dream of doing what your BF did. Honestly, this might be a relationship breaker. He raised a huge red flag. This is the type of person he really is. Do you want to spend the rest of your life with someone like him? Food for thought.
>>
File: IMG_9590.png (174KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9590.png
174KB, 326x326px
>>18041470
>backpedaling this hard
amerirurds fail more often, can't go as fast as European dream mobiles made by whites in Europe and after costing you more money at the shop will kill you in an accident

Only niggers and white trash drive this garbage
>>
>>18040866
>pic related

It's not even a good car, god dammit.
>>
Having read the thread, I honestly wouldn't recommend staying with this guy.

If you do - and I understand that the heart wants what it wants, even if what it wants happens to be ludicrously irresponsible and diagnosed with bipolar disorder - you need to sit down and have a serious talk with him about the terms of your relationship and how you handle money. You are going to have to start taking over the bulk of the responsibility for managing your finances, because he's clearly incapable of doing so, and he needs to start paying a greater share of the bills. He also needs to regularly see a mental health professional, if he isn't already, as some anon noted above.

But I'd leave him if I were you.
>>
>>18041035
the skyline is a beast you fucking faggot. just die already.
>>
> $20,000 car
> 6.5 years
jesus
>>
OP that motherfucker makes more an hour than I do and if I wanted a car i'd talk to my girlfriend about it in advance and also I'd pay for it in cash or a couple years of payments, not >5 years for a chevy POS
>>
>>18040866
Your boyfriend makes horrible financial decisions and isn't a suitable life partner. Leave ASAP so you can find a better one.
>>
>cruze
>20k

I'm assuming you're in the US..

I financed a 2014 cruze in September of 2014 for $16,500. How the fuck was yours so expensive?
>>
>>18043080
This. OP's boyfriend is retarded.
>>
>>18040866
>My boyfriend of 3 and a half years
>We have been living together for over 2 years and since then have made all huge financial decisions together

>moved in together, combined finances, and made huge financial descisons together after less than a year of dating

Yeah I don't know what you were expecting. You brought this upon yourself.
>>
>>18043487
I bought my car for 29K out the door. The average price people paid for my car was around 33K.

Some people just get ripped off.
>>
>>18042481
>z06
>fraction of the cost of euro trash "super car"
>not even noticeably slower
>the only people that would be able to know are professional drivers

Why would I pay $200,000 when I can get a car for $80,000 does exactly the same thing?
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.