[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I release an app for an non-profit organization without asking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: galaxy-s-4-featured.jpg (2MB, 3648x2432px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-s-4-featured.jpg
2MB, 3648x2432px
Can I release an app for an non-profit organization without asking their permission? I made the app on my free time and I am not affiliated with the organization.
>>
as long as you don't make any money off it and it's specified in your app that it wasn't made by someone affiliated with the organization you'll be fine.
>>
>>18040730
Is there any laws that say I can't do this?
>>
>>18040736
That say you can't do what? Anyways, the answer to that question will almost always be "depends on where you live".
>>
>>18040744
are there any laws that say I can't upload the app to the google play store?
>>
>>18040785
I don't think so. As long as you don't claim or imply that you're affiliated with that organization. I mean, your question is pretty vague, what does your app actually do? Does it use that companys intellectual property?

If you want confirmation on this /adv/ is probably not the best place to get it. Look at google play store terms and conditions.
>>
no, that's probably illegal. As in, they can sue you for doing it. Like, using the organization's name in the app title, is a no-no.
Imagine someone doing "The Medecins-sans-Frontiers list of children for pedophiles to rape". Probably not allowed.
And your app is obviously something of this malicious kind, i.e. you are either trying to slander their name or to gain credit by associating your malware with their positive image. Cause if your program were actually well-intended, you could simply ask them and try to get their approval. And if they don't want to, publish it without associating it with that organization.

Also, publish on f-droid.

>non-profit
I doubt it makes a difference.

>>18040736
>>18040785
and state what country you're in you stupid imbecile.
>>
You're unlikely to be sued at first instance, but I wouldn't be surprised if you got a cease and desist email very soon. If you want to release it, approach them and ask them if they will give you permission.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.