[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I reconcile the fact that me and my boyfriend have very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How do I reconcile the fact that me and my boyfriend have very conflicting political opinions and ideas in regards to the future?

I don't think we've ever argued over anything else, but when a political or a social issue gets brought into light, the conversation steadily escalates over a few hours until we are practically shouting at each other and one ends it, then we don't talk for a few days...

How do I fix that? Neither of us is really willing to give grounds on the issue, I find his reasoning to be ignorant and flawed, and in some cases he has agreed with me, but the next day is the same fiasco all over again. I've come to the conclusion he doesn't really have anything worthwhile to say on the subjects. I want to discuss things, to share, but I don't get what I want out of it. Is that a selfish or a reasonable expectation to have?

Could we possibly have a future like this? Is it stupid of me to put political affiliations so far above, possibly trumping love?

Pic related, it's what sparked the debate last night. We haven't talked since.
>>
>>18040025
sounds like the real issues are underlying and not really about politics and such.
it's never just politics.
>>
>>18040025
Usually differences in political opinion come from differences in ideology and worldview and those can be deal-breaking
>>
if it doesn't bleed over into other stuff between you just don't talk politics with each other
>>
>>18040902
This. Political beliefs come from your values. You need the same values for a successful relationship.

Imagine how you'll both want to teach and raise your children. Sweeping this kind of thing under the rug can only last so long.
>>
While this >>18040902 is true I'd also argue that it's not everything.

You can still get along without being 100% politically the same for a couple reasons.

1) To any mature person, being overly involved in politics is silly. There's only so much one person can do, and there are so many other areas where you can improve your life. Why spend so much tine worrying about what is essentially "my sports team vs your sports team?" Yes I know I'm trivializing things, but let's be honest. Real politics usually takes decades to affect the individual.

2) Part of growing close to someone is that you become more like them. Some of your ideas pass on to him and part of his pass on to you. Plus, both of you may be completely different just by aging in general.

If you're shouting it's either because you're incompatible to begin with or there's other underlying issues.

Think how much he means to you and determine which one it is.
>>
>>18041479
>You can still get along without being 100% politically the same for a couple reasons.

But OP is not 100%, OP isn't even 60%, sounds to me like OP is 0%, so, yeah.
>>
>>18041520
Well duh. That's why I said >>18040902 makes a good point.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.