[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wife complained about a Valentines Day that didn't even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1486158298318.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486158298318.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
Wife complained about a Valentines Day that didn't even happen yet. She asked what we were doing and i told her dinner and a hotel (we have a bunch of kids so its impossible to be alone). She cringed. Do you think i should get based?
>>
>>18038431
Last year my boyfriend completely forgot about Valentine's day. I bought him a "best father in the world" cake on father's day just to get him worried.

Why did she complain? Did she say something about it?
>>
>>18038443
Oh we have been going through some stuff so i think she wants me to impress her. I thought she wanted to spend time with me.
>>
>>18038431
>i told her dinner and a hotel (we have a bunch of kids so its impossible to be alone)
That is so boring and cliche. If you go ahead with this, you better have something that'll blow her socks off at the restaurant or hotel.
>>
>>18038455
Yea fuck that.
>>
>>18038455
No shit, it's a yearly thing, you literally can't be non-cliche. Why should OP have to be so extravagant?

Ask her what she wants to do OP. Also suggest that she should arrange what you two are going to do if she doesn't like it.
>>
>>18038525
I completely agree
>>
My view is... keep your ground, but enhance it.

let me explain... By keeping your ground you are not letting her control you, and that itself shows her you are confident about the date.

Now... since you chose something so common, I'd enhance the date by adding something uncommon... I don't know her to tell what she'd like, but you do... Which kinds of surprises can you come up with for her that do not change your already made plans, but transform them from something common to something epic/romantic?
>>
>>18038431

The secret to women is that they just want one thing.

A reason to complain about how lazy, oppressive and evil all men everywhere are.

The best present you could have gotten her was to "forget" to get her something, so she can shit talk you to her friends, then make up buy buying her some flowers and wine the next day.

Mate, the secret is, never try to fully please her. First of all it's impossible (because she wants to complain about you, and if she's pleased she cannot complain and therefore she is not pleased), so wasted effort right there. Secondly, You'll just wear yourself out turning into a beta.
Lastly, you need to fulfil her "Drama" quota or she'll move onto someone worse so she can complain.

Though, all of this assumes she's white or a black american. Hispanic, Brazillian and portugese girls are GOAT, they aint like this.
Some black girls are chill too, just not the american ones.

But if she's white, you're out of luck.
>>
People taking valentines day seriously are cancer. You should kill your wife, for humanity's sake.
>>
>>18038562

>Its very complicated but we nearly split up a few weeks ago. Shes been "trying" but expects everything to be ok right away. I still have a lot of issues with our relationship. I am not abot to blow her socks off. She really doesnt deserve it at this point.
>>
File: 1484481813796.jpg (67KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1484481813796.jpg
67KB, 1000x750px
Valentines day is awesome for a sweet girl that appreciates you. Very rare indeed
>>
have a picnic on the beach and get her a gift she really wants. she'll like that
>>
>>18038643
It will be a self-fulfilling prophecy if you don't even try. Do something for God's sake, dinner, movie, bracelet.
>>
File: 1486750672691.png (313KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
1486750672691.png
313KB, 600x661px
>>18038677
Not worth it to me at this point. Im hoping to come back around to felling like i did before so im doing this much.
>>
>>18038455
Man women are annoying
>>
> paying any attention to valentine's day
> sitting on your ass then complaining to your partner when they don't organize anything
that relationship's toxic. Unless of course you two sat together at the beginning of the year, and you said you would organize something.

>>18038525
i agree with this.
>>
File: 1486756014738.png (29KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1486756014738.png
29KB, 657x527px
>>18040146
No we didnt agree ahead of time im just sort of doing the duties of the office.
>>
>>18038562
This guy seems to have figured out girls. How is this possible?
Pls make an Udemy course.
>>
>>18038431
Valentines Day is consumerist bullshit, ditch her for giving a shit about VDAY
>>
>>18038431
forget the hotel, send the kids to a relative/babysitter and do whatever she wants for 24h
>>
>>18040632
>do whatever she wants for 24h
Could you be any more pussywhipped?
>>
>>18038562
>A reason to complain about how lazy, oppressive and evil all men everywhere are.

just a daily reminder that men build civilization and protected women from saber tooth.also we gave them the right to vote without them earning the right to vote by fighting wars. After we did all this work for them they turn against us and call us rapist and oppressors.
>>
>>18038431
>>>18038431
>forget the hotel, send the kids to a relative/babysitter and do whatever she wants for 24h

The last thing i want in this world is to go back to being beta. Thanks though.
>>
>>18038431
its not your fucking anniversary, let her get over it.
>>
>wife
>complained
>>
>>18038431
She probably just wants to feel special, which can be hard when you have a bunch of kids. Drop her off at a spa for the day, have her get a message, facial, hair and nails done, the whole shebang. its nice not to have to be someone's mom or wife for a little while and just be yourself.
>>
>>18040696
obligatory mention that it's one of the basic tenets of democracy that the right to vote need not be earned, but instead granted to every person impacted by the decisions made by an authoritarian institution weilding supreme executive power, aka the state.
Women don't get to vote because they earned it, they get to vote because they pay taxes and have to live under the rule of law imposed by the state.

aka those who have to live with a decision must therefore be able to participate in forming those decisions.

>>18040654
>>18040763
I think it's a good idea that if she complains about what you decided should happen on valentine's day, let her do the program. But you should not have to participate if you don't like it.
>>
>>18038562
>latinas don't into drama
my sides
>>
You literally can't please some women. Every time I try to do something nice or cute for my gf she finds some flaw, points out what i could have done differently, or something like that. Basically whatever she can do to avoid giving me the satisfaction of making her happy.

Just today we were hiking, and i went off the trail real quick. She followed me and I tried to give her a kiss, but she got angry because people were on the trail. Every time I try to do something spontaneous she pulls some shit like this. And she asked me what I'm doing for valentines day... I'll just tell her to eat one of the cupcakes we have in the freezer. This relatio relationship has gotten toxic as hell, but we're going to break up once I get an alternative living situation figured out. (We live together).

So in summation OP, tons of girls would be thrilled with just flowers, or a card. Others wouldn't even be happy if you took them to the Fiji.
>>
I'm a girl and I really don't get the big deal about Valentine's Day. You should be doing this sort of stuff (spending time together, going on dates, buying MINOR gifts) all the time anyway as a couple and even if you're married with kids and the romance has faded, why would you choose your one day to do it the same day everyone else does it?

Maybe have a plan going forward about how you're going to be a better husband and how you can be a better couple. I know they're cheesy, but I would be thrilled to get one of those handmade IOU booklets from my boyfriend for various errands / chores / sex acts.
>>
>>18038443
My bf doesn't like VD..so we don't do it lol..I am not that fussed anymore but it grinds my gears when some women don't appreciate the little things their partners do for them lol
>>
I used to do things for my future ex, never got anything in return. I'm glad I don't have to buy Jack shit this year.

Like what was said earlier, stand your ground. If she doesn't appreciate it, cancel it. Why waste your money if she isn't in love with the idea of spending it with you no matter what idea you thought of?

You could throw something in that is a new experience that makes it memorable but I hate that married men have to be dancing monkeys to keep their women entertained.
>>
>>18040860
This. Especially if she's a stay at home mom.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.