[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been going to the doctors for my eyes for a while now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Distorted_vision.jpg (32KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
Distorted_vision.jpg
32KB, 750x450px
I've been going to the doctors for my eyes for a while now because of visual snow, and recently (couple of months ago actually) I started noticing that if I focus on a white wall for example, the wall is going to start to get wavy. Now I tried finding some info on the internet, and what I found is scary as fuck, macular degeneration. Wanted to ask if anyone else has any experience with this?
>>
bump cmon this is serious shit and there is no doctor at this time
>>
Any experiences with drugs?
>>
>>18038241
I never noticed such a thing on a white wall but I did have those kind of shutters as a kid and I saw that every time I woke up and went to bed. I actually enjoyed looking at it and imagining it was like an ocean. You just brought back a very fond memory of mine. This is probably more of an optical illusion than it is an eye degeneration. I can't voice an opinion on the "visual snow" since I'm not a doctor but I'm somewhat sure the waviness when looking at things like that is normal.
>>
>>18038241
I have horners syndrome which makes one pupil smaller than the other and some discoloration along with a few other problems. Either way I know your pain op, maybe just close your eyes for a couple of minutes or start looking around more often it helps me
>>
>>18038241
Yeah, macular degeneration does do things like those, and it gets worse if ut remains untreatedad. You may eventually start to see a 'shadow' over the distorted spot that grows over time, if this is the case.
The sooner you get it looked at, the better. Better odds of reversing the damage.

I lived through macular degeneration, and I went from being hardly able to see with my right eye, to the symptoms being fairly minor and recovering most of the lost vision. I was treated entirely with meds and surgery, twice. (Not so much a surgery as getting a shot right into my eye)
Granted, I did start and got treated when I was 16, now 24.

Whatever you do, refrain from dawdling. Shit gets real, fast.
>>
>>18038241
I have that op but for me the waves are barely noticeable, the doc said it was a deformity in pupil which makes it oval shaped as opposed to a circle. Nothing serious if you have same thing.
>>
>>18038241
Google "myopic choroidal neovascularization". It's a variant on md that is treated with different drugs and responds to treatment much better.
>>
>>18038241
Does either eye hurt (dull pain or ache) when you look left/right or up/down? If so it could be inflamation of the optic nerve.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.