[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My wife has been feeling insecure about her appearance lately.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 14867495716901367021743.jpg (19KB, 338x450px) Image search: [Google]
14867495716901367021743.jpg
19KB, 338x450px
My wife has been feeling insecure about her appearance lately.

She said she wants to talk tonight and I know it about this.

The thing is, she is very obese. Pic related. That's pretty close to her physique.

Her face symmetry, hair, and skin are all 8/10 and she puts a lot of effort into those things.

But she seems oblivious to the effect her weight has on how others perceive her. I've spoken frankly about feeling less attractive because of the weight and of course I get called shallow.

Not sure how to deal with her denial. I have already tried every reasonable piece of advice about dealing with a fat spouse.

FWIW I'm the opposite, I'm really fit but my face and hair are a 3 or 4.
>>
She feels insecure but will not bother to do anything to fix that?

If she can't be reasoned with, then sorry mate idk why you married her. Stop having sex with her and see how long it takes for her to get on it.
>>
What the fuck are you on about anon? What sort of conversation do you imagine is going to take place? What is she possibly going to say regarding her insecurity and weight?

"Hi anon I've decided the reason why I've low self esteem is because you keep making out I'm fat when I'm clearly not?"

Who would even go there? My gf who I love dearly is kind of a chubby, that is a polite way of saying obese. She doesn't look like your picture, but nobody would mistake her for a skinny bitch.

She always wants to lose weight. She is always proactive about being more active and eating better. I work a very manual job while being 6'2" so I have to eat many thousands of calories to even maintain my weight, but it isn't like either of us think we are better than one another, she just can't eat as much as me.

You are being shallow because you are rating attributes out of 10, you don't discuss her personality and if you care about her weight, but not enough to leave her you are instead choosing to just complain. You either get on with it whole heartedly, or you get rid of her. Don't think there is any value in the moral high ground here.

Oh and if you want to be supportive just don't buy crap food. Cook good food and encourage portion control. Take up active hobbies which you can do together. People need a reason to lose weight other than "because my boyfriend is judgemental".
>>
>>18037680
Well walking might help her, light and moderate exercises. Pool exercises help, if she's comfortable doing that.
Dancing too?
If she already is a kind, confident or whatever nice personality, then may be it's you who has to try to be less embarrassed of your girlfriends weight.
>>
>>18037785
Op here. My gf's weight is fine. It's my wife that is the problem.
>>
>>18037709

>Oh and if you want to be supportive just don't buy crap food. Cook good food and encourage portion control. Take up active hobbies which you can do together.

> I have already tried every reasonable piece of advice about dealing with a fat spouse.
>>
>>18037680
you know youre supposed to walk them at least once a day, right?
>>
>>18038041
Ha

Op just become the example. Work out
>>
I think what you're talking about is the "I'm fat/I'm not fat" delusion. As someone who identifies as a 3-4, you might understand the mental struggle. Just try to remain detached from it, and most importantly, *out of it.* It's a personal battle.

You might say
>these things are different! she can just lose the weight
she has the weight because of a problem. if you're a hard, smart working man, fixing your 3-4 (self reported, btw) would be *easier.* It would be as simple as paying the problem away. No, this weight problem is part of her psyche. Willing/negotating it away will be hard, if not impossible and foolish.
>>
>>18038060
Sry for this vague writing. A little buzzed.
>>
>>18038056
>FWIW I'm the opposite, I'm really fit but my face and hair are a 3 or 4.
>>
Which did you even marry such a beast?
>>
File: 1480889758221.jpg (43KB, 732x498px) Image search: [Google]
1480889758221.jpg
43KB, 732x498px
>>18037680

0/10
>>
>>18038038

So you're cheating?
>>
>>18038038
Ruined your own bait mate.
>>
>>18038729
Op here. No, I was just goofing.
>>
>>18038038
I meant wife, sorry.>>18038038 that hilarious though!
>>
>>18037680
Probably at this stage she feels really insecure an ineffectual about her weight. Maybe start with something small. Even going to the gym for 15 mins and lifting a 3lb weight is an ok starting point, if you keep it up.
>>
she let herself go and is gross now. thats not you being shallow, quite frankly im surprised you didnt leave her. shes not going to change, she will only get bigger. save yourself
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.