[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asking for thoughts on the situation Me and my family recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: babe10.jpg (32KB, 640x348px) Image search: [Google]
babe10.jpg
32KB, 640x348px
Asking for thoughts on the situation

Me and my family recently found out that my grandfather has cancer. Lung cancer and kidney cancer. The doctors told us that he has a month to live at best. Nothing we can do to save him. He isn't even that old by today's standards - 70. Without the cancer he could easily live another 20 years.

Today they took him home from the hospital. It's already decided. He is going to stay at home until he dies.
Problem is, no one has told him that he has cancer. He doesn't know.
He thinks that he is going to get better, that he just has to take medicine for his kidneys.

No one is telling him. All our family members have been contacted and told that he is as good as dead.
No one in our family or even the doctors seem to have a problem with this. Only my sister's boyfriend agrees with me that we should tell him about his cancer.
Now he is just coughing with the occasional blood, but soon it's going to get worse. I think this is highly unethical and dumb. We should have told him as soon as we found out.

What would you do?
>>
>>18037621
Sneak cancer puns into your everyday conversation so he will get the hint
>>
>>18037621
I highly doubt that the doctor did not tell him to his face, before telling your family first. Are you stupid...?
>>
>>18037621
His doctwrs should tell him. Im pretty sure its illegal if they dont. You as a family cant decide on his treatment unless he no longer has the mental capacity to understand whaat cancer is.
>>
Yeah I don't believe you anon. They would have sat him down and given him the news following his diagnostic scans. Maybe a slight chance here that your grandfather knows, but is in denial and refusing to talk about it. Doctors in this situation will always encourage someone to get their affairs in order because suddenly dropping dead is a massive pain in the ass for everybody if you haven't.
>>
>>18037674
This.

Only thing I can think of is if your grandpa doesn't have the mental health to really fully understand anything which I doubt since in the OP you state he could have easily lived 20 more years.

My dad had cancer a year ago and i was with him at 90% of his appointments. Never once did they tell the rest of us something first before him.
>>
>>18037621
If it was me, I'd appreciate someone hiring a stripper to cheer me up.
You know him best, would he like to know?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.