[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am 18, male, and mostly while I am chatting/socializing I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

File: sunburn300.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sunburn300.png
14KB, 300x300px
I am 18, male, and mostly while I am chatting/socializing I have constant urges to whine and/or complain, to bring up my problems or something, implying that person I am speaking to is some kind of therapist. Obviously, I do hold myself, yet sometimes it becomes hardly bearable, so I retreat. Even this incoherent text seems like whine.

How do I start enjoy socializing and stop feeling that people are shoulder to cry on?
>>
File: 1464437743908.jpg (56KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
1464437743908.jpg
56KB, 368x469px
>>18037009
Actively try to listen more then talk. Even if something that comes up in the conversation pertains to you, try to hold off as much as possible.
>>
>>18037009
Do you have an actual therapist?
>>
File: Darica_Iguana_03441.jpg (796KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Darica_Iguana_03441.jpg
796KB, 2048x1536px
>>18037042
Nope, I am not able to afford it, and I have never heard that in my country university could provide any.

>>18037040
That was my strategy, in fact. Asking questions related to what they're speaking about, engage if possible, holding off, be interested or pretending to be interested, but most of the time nothing but pressure comes up, for me. It might be explained that I am trying to connect with not that compatible people, or they are unwilling to contact, etc. however, it does depend on my mood.
>>
Any tips?
>>
I was in a similar situation a few years ago, I noticed I was in general pretty rude. Started thinking about things I say after I say them all the time, and what I didn't say. For example I noticed that when people asked "how are you?" I'd just say "good" and not ask how they were. After that I started making a conscious effort to always ask in return aswell. Apply this to anything and everything. Try to find what is wrong with you, and fix it.

It's hard to change habits some times, but it's worth it in the end. Even if your problems are different, I feel like this method could do some good for you too.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.