[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF is getting really into vegan shit. talks about it ad nauseam.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: virgingaynz .jpg (47KB, 634x356px) Image search: [Google]
virgingaynz .jpg
47KB, 634x356px
GF is getting really into vegan shit.
talks about it ad nauseam. I try to be as supportive of her choice as possible(always buy her veg food when together, watch depressing docs about animals, try to listen when she talks about it)
but I'm not convinced it's a worthile things for me,

but it feels like she's preaching to me and expecting me to follow and it's a whole life style change I'm resenting because she was more fun to be around when she wasn't vegan.
>>
>>18036865

Any vego or vegan who pressures other people is a fuckhead and doesn't understand the point of being one. It is about following your own principals, not jumping on a band wagon.

She might just be enthusiastic about it because she has just recently made the switch. I am vego, and to be honest in the first 6 months I had a LOT of conversations about why I did it. But that was mainly because everyone I knew was constantly asking me and bringing it up. So maybe she feels like she needs to defend her choice because she thinks people see her as stupid for doing it.

I would say give her a bit of time, but if she keeps ramming it down your throat tell her you are done with her shit, because the stereotypical high horse vegans are a real fucking bore.
>>
From one vegan to another. I am not a "hipster", just a regular guy. I ate meat my whole life, loved every second of it. But I saw the numbers and wanted to do everything I could to be healthy. I love food, and I love cooking so it wasn't very difficult making delicious vegan food. I guess the whole "protect animals" thing is cool, but it really wasn't a factor in my decision.

Unfortunately, I get lumped into this vegan faggot group who like to condescend others for eating meat, act like higher beings, etc. I just want you to know not all "vegans" are like that. I don't even consider myself "vegan". I just don't eat meat and stuff.

POINT of my rambling is, if you don't want to be vegan, don't be. Plenty of fat smoking meat eating fuckers have lived to be in their 80s. It's okay to consider things, but don't let anyone tell you how to live.
>>
>>18036881
>From one vegan to another
I don't know why I said this, because you aren't. Derp, sorry.
>>
>>18036877
oh yeah she's always talking about how people give her shit for being vegan. I understand that. she actually says people ask her about veganism all the time too, but what frustrates me is she frames it like she's bearing a cross, when really, it shouldn't be surprising people are close minded about a rare lifestyle. I try to explain this, but she gets pissed off and makes me feel like I'm not supportive or something. it's been well over 6 months, I feel like this illustrates a bigger problem: I try to keep the relationship functioning, but she doesn't do the same, so when I get exhausted the relationship falls apart because she's not upholding any part of it, just doing her thing. I feel like all I get out of this is sex, but there was lot more connecting before. She's getting into the radical vegan stuff too and it's like "can't you see this is straining our relationship?" or am I supposed to go another extra mile to keep the relationship working. She says she doesn't care if I eat meat, but it doesn't feel that way.

>>18036881
I was actually vegetarian for a few years, attempted veganism, but I don't have the love for cooking that you have. I feel like if health/fitness stuff or food prep isn't something you already do on your free time, it's hard to try to commit to this lifestyle. I completely sympathize with the reasons for going plant based though. It's just I rather be doing something else with my limited free time.
I actually cook her vegan pasta whenever I get the chance.
>>
Tell her what you said here. You haven't really communicated how you feel to her- you're going along with it. She might think she's swaying you or that you're into it. Be nice and gentle about it, since this is the first time you'll have said anything. "It's cool that you're into this, and I'm 100% supportive, but I just don't think it's for me". Let her talk to you about it still, but if she tries to sway you just gently remind her that you're happy to continue eating meat. And suggest some other movies/shows to watch. Hopefully all you need to do is voice your opinion and boundaries and she'll tone it down.
>>
put your foot down and challange her opinion idiot

how do you want her to notice shes doing something wrong if you are always "supportive"?

fucking slipper
>>
>>18036913
>I feel like this illustrates a bigger problem: I try to keep the relationship functioning, but she doesn't do the same, so when I get exhausted the relationship falls apart because she's not upholding any part of it, just doing her thing. I feel like all I get out of this is sex, but there was lot more connecting before.
This sounds like the root of the problem. Try to appeal to her by stating how her behavior makes you feel - arguing about the ethics of veganism isn't addressing what's truly important to your relationship. If she doesn't care enough to tone it down, maybe you're wasting your time and should end this.
>>
>>18036913
>I try to keep the relationship functioning

Sounds like you just want some strange.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.