[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make friends and talk with people you don't know?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: received_10210552436641129.jpg (16KB, 480x547px) Image search: [Google]
received_10210552436641129.jpg
16KB, 480x547px
How do you make friends and talk with people you don't know? I have plenty of great friends, but I don't know how to make new ones at this point.

How do I find common ground? How do I find things to talk about? How do I respond when I have no idea what to say and just smile at them silently? It seems like a lot of people don't take me seriously and just think of me as a quiet guy. I'm into philosophy, politics, literature, offensive humour and vidya.
>>
File: received_10210552454041564.png (461KB, 499x496px) Image search: [Google]
received_10210552454041564.png
461KB, 499x496px
Also once I've connected to someone through a good conversation, how do I "officially" establish the friendship and make then want to hang out with me?
>>
A good conversation trick is to just summarize, repeat, or affirm what people say. Instead of kneejerk "well I" statements, consider the following.

Person: *Talks about work and how it is enjoyable but stressful or some shit*
You: Your job sounds really stressful

really that simple to keep conversation going.

As far as "official" friendship, a facebook add goes a long way.

Hang out with your friends, hang out with your friends friends.
>>
>>18036348
you spend time with them. talk to them and/or have experiences with them.

not everyone out there has the time or patience to wait around for the quiet autist to open up. you'll find that opportunities to meet new people are closed to you before you were ready if you're socially inept.

that's not to say there aren't people like you (look where you are right now) and that people that are quiet, shy, or whatever don't have or can't make friends.

i would consider myself to be a quiet, relaxed, reserved individual. my friends would say the same. i'm just not completely autistic and i'm decent looking.
>>
>>18036363

this

people just want someone to listen to them talk about themselves. the hardest part is not shooting yourself.
>>
Great advice, thanks. Any more is appreciated.
>>
>>18036348
HOW TO FIND FRIENDS

Don't look for friends.

Look for things to do that will bring you around people. Join a club, take a class, get a job, join a gym, go to concerts, do volunteer work, hang out at the comic book store.

Be among people doing the same thing. You already have something in common. Chatting will be natural. Friendships can develop.
>>
File: flatearth5.jpg (61KB, 572x422px) Image search: [Google]
flatearth5.jpg
61KB, 572x422px
>>18036953
This is a great insight. I've never thought of it that way.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.