[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it healthy to rely n yourself for every kind of support especially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: waah.gif (1MB, 268x340px) Image search: [Google]
waah.gif
1MB, 268x340px
is it healthy to rely n yourself for every kind of support
especially emotional
because ive been doing that and ive only felt even more isolated from every living thing around me and honestly i feel like im dying inside
ive constantly have had a need to self destruct and ruin everything in my life out of pent uprage
>>
>>18036220

it can be. emotions have some basic guidelines but its not a matter of BROCOLLI GOOD, CHOCOLATE BAD.

emotional / psychological well being is more like a pond that you can swim to certain parts of. some parts are deep but warm, others are shallow but cold, and everyone wnats to be somewhere different.
>>
>>18036220
>>18036230

feeling like you're dying inside isn't necessarilly related to giving yourself emotional support, cuz i mean, if oyu had emotional support, even from yourself, you wouldn't feel like you're dying, now would you?

it sounds like you're just cutting yourself off rom others, claiming its because you can take careof yourself, than proceeding to /not/ take care of yourself.
>>
>>18036220
close friends and family can be relied upon for short periods of time. significant others (outside of marriage but even then...) as well but i would argue to a lesser degree and for shorter periods. becoming a burden on anyone else, impacting their ability to progress in life means you're on a short leash regardless of how strong of a relationship you have.

assuming you're a guy, the reality is that you're all you've got in the end. we all have our challenges. professional help in the form of therapy and such essentially boils down to "get over it." that's not a criticism, shit happens and you need to be able to work through it so you can continue with your life in a positive fashion.

there's no prize at the end for getting through an especially difficult life. don't make it any harder on yourself.
>>
>>18036249
>there's no prize at the end for getting through an especially difficult life. don't make it any harder on yourself.
Then what's the point
>>
Do lots of psychoactive drugs. You'll discover that the biggest discoveries and mysteries of life can be found inside your own mind, and people distract you from the truth.
>>
>>18036296
the point to what? life?

procreation. have you never taken a biology class?

the smart ones figure out that it's better to be happy and enjoy the time that they've been given.
>>
>>18036350
With a reason like that I might as well kill myself
>>
>>18036220
Close friends are not something you go out and get. They develop over time from a pool of acquaintances. So your job is to develop a pool of face-to-face real-life acquaintances.

The first step is to turn off the computer and go outside. Don't look for friends - look for things to do that will bring you into the company of other people. Get a job, take a class, join a gym, join a club, do volunteer work, hang out at the comic book store. You'll be among people doing the same thing, and chatting will be natural.

Out of the pool of people you meet, some will become regulars. Out of the regulars, some will become acquaintances. Out of the acquaintances some will become friends. Obviously, the larger the pool that you start with, the larger the friend circle you end up with.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.