[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting to feel like I chose the wrong career path...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0031.jpg (502KB, 1001x1337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0031.jpg
502KB, 1001x1337px
I'm starting to feel like I chose the wrong career path...

So I do male modeling for a living, and it's my dream job I love it, but there is so much baggage that comes with it. I'm only 18, and moved out of my parents house right after high school, so I could travel to different cities for their "modeling busy season". and I love to travel, but i'm forced to live in model apartments, because I can't afford to sign a lease. A model apartment is pretty much a studio apartment with a bunch of bunk beds and you have to share it with 4 to 6 other models for like $1000 a month(depending on where you live). So usually I spend like $1500 on rent, food, gym membership (which is mandatory since I have to be fit), and other shit I need. I have to pick up second jobs everywhere I go, because modeling alone can't pay my expenses.

Models do not make as much as people think. for example I've been living in Miami for the past two months and have only made $500 from some weird photo shoot. But a few months ago I got lucky and made a solid $3000 dollars in two days shooting with Hollister. so like sometimes the pay is good sometimes it's bad.

I guess i'm writing this, because i'm in a bad place. I haven't been able to pay rent for the past two weeks and my agency has been covering it for me, but now I'm in $2000 of debt with them. I eat cup of noodles for most my meals, and it's gonna stay like that till I book a high paying job.

I want to stick with it, because it's my dream job, and i'm actually pretty good at it, but I know models who have been at this for 10 years now and are still living in the same conditions that I am. one of my roommates is 27 and I make more than him, but I also have friends that took off and are like semi famous living the glamorous life people see in magazines.

Should I give up on my dream job and go to college or something while I still have time, or keep with it and hopefully strike a big job that brings me into the spotlight.

pic related
>>
If you can look into sales jobs, think like car dealerships. If you're a smooth talker and a have the looks to back it up, you can make a lot of money without school.
>>
>>18036100

i live in los angeles, hollywood atually, and 1500 covers my entire two bedroom apartment man
>>
>>18036109

I've been thinking about that or real estate, because I genuinely am very convincing and charming, and if I do stick with modeling I am gonna have to have something to fall back on after I get older and ugly
>>
>>18036111

when I lived in LA I only had to pay $300 for some shithole
>>
>>18036100

if you like it keep at it but get a day job forreal.
>>
Consider a phd in mathematics.

Phd is $300k starting.

oh wait
>>
>>18036123

I have a job while I'm in Seattle, because I'm based there and that's where I spend most of my time, but It's hard to get a job when I'm only gonna be in a place for a short time. I'm currently trying to work for post mates, so I can do that be your own boss thing.
>>
>>18036132

yeah i'm not dumb I graduated high school with an 3.5 GPA and took AP classes, but I'm also not smart at the same time, and I really don't have any interest in any STEM courses.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.