[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My son is 4. Is it normal for him to say he wants to marry mommy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0551.jpg (15KB, 200x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0551.jpg
15KB, 200x281px
My son is 4. Is it normal for him to say he wants to marry mommy when he grows up?

I mean he's asked to marry his brother and his pre-school teacher before too. But I heard a desire to marry your mom means you'll be a psycho killer.
>>
>>18036097
it means youve been cuck'd by a toddler
congratulations
>>
>>18036097
Yeah that's fairly normal. Kids don't really understand what marriage is and have no inkling of the idea of romantic love.

He basically just means he loves his mommy. It's fine.

If he says that when he's 15 however that's a problem :)
>>
>>18036097

its normal for any kid to say they want to marry the parent of the opposite sex. i did the same thing when i was a kid.

but i ended up shooting my mother, so take that with a grain of salt.
>>
At this point in his life she is the most loving, beautiful, caring woman he knows, and he loves her- and he's gathered that when you love someone you marry them. He doesn't yet understand there are different kinds of love, and he's not being inappropriate at all. Every boy, at some point usually between 3 and 7, wants to marry his mother. Then he reaches puberty- and in the unlikely event that he remembers wanting to marry her, he'll be grossed out and ashamed. All totally normal
>>
>>18036097
Love to him is marriage. He can't quite equate the difference. He has no concept of sex.
>>
Fairly so, yeah. Kids don't get/know that there is a difference between the love you have for your wife and the love they have for their mom.
>>
>>18036097
not according to freud.
as he says at 4 years old you wanted to kill your father and marry your mother.

it's the oedipus complex look it up
>>
>>18036127
lol me too
I stabbed in the abdomen to her demise.
>>
File: 1477680206354.jpg (69KB, 775x837px) Image search: [Google]
1477680206354.jpg
69KB, 775x837px
>>18036097

Is it normal for your 4 year old to say weird shit they don't understand?

Yes. Yes it is. I don't know if you're familiar with children but their brains don't work so good.
>>
Yeah, it was a while before I learned pre-marital sex was a thing, too.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
>>
It used to happen earlier in life, best I can remember. Compared with pre-industrial times, children are physically developing faster due to year-round broad nutrition, while they are mentally developing slower due to living sheltered and caged lives. I shudder to think of what the 22nd century holds.

>capitalism will make anime real
>>
>>18036254
Giant, horny well fed retards is what the 22nd century has to offer.
>>
>>18036212
Freud was a great innovator, but he's not a book of solutions - he was part of the bridge between ancient times and modern times.

There's no need to put a name on it. A 4-year-old's concept of love is different from a 24-year-old's concept of love. Anyone who puts a name on it is probably a drug dealer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.