[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I don't really post here but i'd like your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hey /adv/ I don't really post here but i'd like your input on something.

I recently began my first relationship with a girl. I'm in my first year of college and she's in Junior year high school. We've been dating for about four months now, though we've known each other for a year. Unfortunately, my school is two hours away and I don't have a car so we don't see each other often. We've texted each other every day and we've said I love you to each other a lot since then. It might be emotional inexperience but I really care about her and want to see her everyday, but now it feels like she's become a little distant. She used to text me good morning and good night every day and tell me how much she loves me but recently over the past couple of days she's been texting less and less. At first when she did that I got a little overwhelmed, but now I find I miss it. Is this just the normal thing that happens in a relationship as we get more comfortable with it? Any other experiences with long-term relationships?
>>
File: 1477780527159.jpg (35KB, 368x321px) Image search: [Google]
1477780527159.jpg
35KB, 368x321px
>>18035918

Seeing as this is your first relationship it is guaranteed to end. Neither of you are adults capable of maintaining a mature, intimate relationship, much less from a long distance.

Thats okay, though. Its completely normal at your age. We've all been through it.

Have fun in this relationship but when its run its course, let it go. This isn't the girl you're going to marry. This isn't the girl you're going to be with for years. You know that.

Don't endure a relationship that isn't working because you're afraid its going to end or you just because want to roll around in that fresh young "I love you" feeling forever. A lot more of your relationships are going to fail before you become an adult and you have the maturity and experience to know what you want and need from a partner.

Your relationship is burnt out. Its fine. That happens. Once the new and exciting feelings wear off kids your age just tend to drift apart and find the next exciting fix.

Let it go, kid. Its over. I'm sure deep down you realize that.
>>
First off- Yes, that does start to slow down. Real relationships tend to be the ones that are there after all the initial burning feelings dwindle away.

Second, how long did you have together when you started dating? Were you in close proximity and then have spent the next couple months two hours away? And how often do you see each other? Cause LDRs tend to be pretty solid when they start off far and slowly move towards each other.

Communication is really important, especially when you guys are far away, but not coming off as needy is pretty important as well... It's a balance. Just because she doesn't text you quite as much doesn't inherently mean anything, but I would give it a few weeks and if you're longing for a little more, maybe ask if you guys can Skype once a week to see if you're missing her less.

LDR is shit but sometimes it works. So good luck, anon. Also don't be a pedo.
>>
>>18035931
I see what you're saying. I know what happens to teenagers, I know how young and stupid I look like right now, but damnit I want this to last. This feeling can't just be youth. If there's even the slightest chance i'm taking it, girls don't talk to me and she's perfect in all the perfect ways. Thanks for your advice though.

>>18035935
>Second, how long did you have together when you started dating? Were you in close proximity and then have spent the next couple months two hours away? And how often do you see each other? Cause LDRs tend to be pretty solid when they start off far and slowly move towards each other.
We started around Thanksgiving we had a really good talk over the phone while I was at college. We went on our first date after that. We've met up a few times since then but for the most part we've been away from each other.
>but I would give it a few weeks and if you're longing for a little more, maybe ask if you guys can Skype once a week to see if you're missing her less.
Good advice, thanks.
>Also don't be a pedo.
I'm 19 since a few days ago, she's 17 at the end of the month. I think were close enough in age. Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>18035959
>This feeling can't just be youth
It's just youth. More or less.

You'll both grow older and the honeymoon period ends; things will change, for good or for bad. But that can be a good thing, it's nice to feel the way you do and at your age that's awesome. If it doesn't work out, then you learn something. So keep at it. Who knows, maybe it'll turn into that hardened love that old couples have for each other.

Like you said, comfort sets in and the butterflies fade, but what's left over- if you both stay with each other and still appreciate each others' company- is what's really going to matter in the end.
>>
>>18035959
I'm just browsing /adv/ right now, didn't get a chance to thoroughly read this thread but this age gap/pedo thing got my attention. First off, yes, you're totally close enough in age OP. I can't stand the superficial "holier than though" faggots who grill people for that sort of thing. Legislation for age related sexual stuff should be based around a minimum age gap. It's just common sense.
>>
>>18036087
...Rather than "oh you just turned 18 and your partner hasn't, you goofed up!" If it's actually really enforced that way, that's absolutely retarted.
>>
>>18036087
>>18036098
At least from a US perspectice- It IS enforced this way, Romeo and Juliet clauses exist. And 18 isn't the strict line for consent anyway, at least in the US. But it does have to be nationally set at a hard 18 for the sake of CP laws or else you start running into issues with exploiting kids.
>>
>>18035959

>>18035959

>I know how young and stupid I look like right now, but damnit I want this to last.

Too bad. I wanted to be an astronaut when I was 6 but that doesn't change the fact that I have neither the skills nor qualification to do it. Wanting things real badly, on its own, is not proper justification for making life choices. You'd know that if you were a little older.

>This feeling can't just be youth

It is.

>girls don't talk to me and she's perfect in all the perfect ways.

You're a freshmen in college. You have no idea what a perfect woman is. To you, the perfect woman is the one who pays attention to you. You're letting your desperation make decisions for you, which is normal for your age, just don't get into this self-reassuring habit of convincing yourself that this crumbling relationship isn't worth losing because of the warm fuzzy feelings she gives you.

When the relationship is dead, let it go. Thats what you must learn. Wishing upon a star that failed things will just come back to life is not a good habit to get into. Learn to let go. It'll help you in your future relationship.
>>
Just keep trying to stay in touch every day. Skype dates help a lot and there's a lot of shit to do online together. And when you can try and visit every now and then on 3 day weekends or breaks.

I've been in a similar situation. Started dating while I was a senior in HS and she was a junior. Then I went to college many states away, but I kept in touch. 2 years later we were still together and then my family moved to another state so the LDR got more distant. During junior and senior year we ended up skyping every night and still do to this day. You can make it work if you do care for her. My gf was my first love and it's been 5 years and counting. Good luck!
>>
>>18035918
you're needy as fuck. be a man.

neediness is, bar none, the most unattractive quality a man can display to a woman.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.