[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not particularly good at or invested in anything and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1485996747289.jpg (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1485996747289.jpg
6KB, 300x300px
I'm not particularly good at or invested in anything and I'm kind of an idiot. What should someone like me try and go to school for?
>>
Just get a job and be a working stiff.
>>
>>18035622
You mean keep getting dead end jobs right?
>>
Why are you cool with being passionless? Did something happen (or not happen) to you? One day your mind might be completely destroyed, and your consciousness will disappear. Do you want to be like, "Yeah man, that was alright. The Doritos and Mountain Dew were pretty decent - not to mention the occasional head"?
>>
>>18035603
welding. you sound like the textbook definition of a welder.

that or painting - as in contracting, not Bob Ross. most painters I know show up drunk to work everyday and still manage to get by.
>>
>>18035624
You've just said you're a talentless twat, what other use is there for you in society?
>>
>>18035632
It's not really that I have no passion for anything. It's just that the only things I like won't get me far in life.
>>18035633
I've worked a couple trade jobs. I know what you mean.
>>18035634
I wasn't defying your statement. Just confirming that that's what you were saying.
>>
>>18035726
>It's just that the only things I like won't get me far in life.

Then try to make a career out of them anyway. If you do nothing you'll stay miserable, if you try doing that you'll at least have a chance at happiness and if it doesn't work out all you've done is spend time on stuff you like, which is what you were doing anyway.
>>
>>18035869

What if in trying to make the things he enjoys into a job, he stops being into them?

Not OP but for example I love videogames, despite not being very good at them. But I feel like if I made my continued existence reliant on playing them regularly I'd end up hating them.

In a similar situation to OP.
>>
>>18035869
Okay. Well I like playing drums, and I'm heavily into music in general. I have no desire to become a music teacher. I never even took music lessons. There's nothing else I can really do with that hobby.
>>
>>18035877
Well, id say figure out what exactly you like about video games. Is it the mechanics and general gameplay? If so try learning how to code and fool around with making a game of your own (just to see if you'd like it). If you like the writing then try your hand at similar stories, same thing for if you like the escapism it provides.

I'm not saying you have to devote your life to these things, but just check them out a little and see if you'd like to make something out of it.
>>
>>18035877
What can you really even do with video games besides become a professional gamer or work at gamestop
>>
>>18035884
>Okay. Well I like playing drums, and I'm heavily into music in general.

So you do have some talent after all! Have you tried writing your own songs and performing individually? Maybe try to write reviews about songs and albums you like? Sorry, i'm not that into music but i'd say pick a genre you like the most and try to make something out of it.
>>
>>18035895
I wouldn't even know how to start doing individual performance. But I'm really not an expert drummer. Writing music reviews could be cool. I don't see how anyone could really make money off of that though.
>>
>>18035926
It doesn't have to be a career right away. It can start out as a hobby, you like doing it after all. Strive to get better at it and focus on the things you like about it, check out some performances near you, or maybe see if any local papers have stuff like music reviews. Just try to get involved in the hobby that you love.
>>
>>18035633
At least welding and painting takes some kind of skill.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.