[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/. My girlfriend and I had a shaky last month and nearly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1441481529234.jpg (27KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
1441481529234.jpg
27KB, 377x377px
Hey /adv/. My girlfriend and I had a shaky last month and nearly broke up (long series of arguments), but we resolved to both try to improve stuff we were screwing up. Since then, though, it feels like she's still been picking at stuff that I've messed up and I'm getting really defensive about it, so neither of us are really helping. We're sort of resolving any arguments that crop up better, and we're both apologetic by the end, but it's really exhausting sometimes.

Did any of you guys go through these sorts of periods with your SOs? How'd it go and when did it sort of either click and become manageable or become a point where it became too much?
>>
I did go through that stage, and I think many people go through such a breaking point. When you're able to mature and get past it, and actually fucking ADMIT and FORGIVE, you'll open up the gates to an amazing relationship.
>>
i'm currently in a similar situation, bad summer of miscommunication and shit like that, i'm equally as frustrated and bummed out as you are.

i don't know the answer. i'm trying to better myself and be more patient with her. the problem is she is very abrasive and stubborn, and i'm somewhat irrational, we're both going through shit in our lives, but no matter how bad the argument is we always end up forgiving eachother.

i don't know man, sorry if i don't have the answer but, just know you're not alone in this battle
>>
>>18035246
You go through patches like that in a LTR, I've been through several in the 13 years I've been with my husband. The key is communication, you have got to be able to talk to each other about your grievances.
>>
>>18035246
It happens. If you can get through it, your relationship will be incredibly strong. If you can't, then it's obviously time to end the relationship. Most (maybe all) long term relationships will inevitably go through a rough patch. As long as neither of you do something unforgivable like cheating or anything else that does permanent damage to relationships, you should be able to work through it if you both really want to.
>>
File: 832a4bce1530400ab4fdb1cbd2743f32.jpg (275KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
832a4bce1530400ab4fdb1cbd2743f32.jpg
275KB, 1536x1536px
Thanks guys. We've been together for over a year now and we had a kind of similar bad period a couple months in, so I've felt like we're in it for the long haul. But I don't want to feel like all our progress needs to be forwarded by these awful arguments (she hit a bedframe during one of them and it scared both of us, and I've closed up a lot when she's confronting me about us), or that it's looming whenever things go wrong... Don't think I can take that

>>18035286
Nah, it's good to know. Thanks anon.
>>
Gonna bump this for a little bit just in case. I like hearing perspectives on stuff.
>>
One more bump. Gnight, /adv/.
>>
Ive experienced something similar. Helps to look wat what may be causing series of arguments. For me, it was stress. Im much less tolerant when stressed out by unrelated stuff.

or is there underlying mental health issues. Always something to consider.
>>
Bump. Also good luck OP.
>>
>>18036576
Thanks yo.

Just glad other people are in the struggle. Helps it feel worth it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.