[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it weird that I want a gf but don't give two shits about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1475550758089.jpg (33KB, 473x378px) Image search: [Google]
1475550758089.jpg
33KB, 473x378px
Is it weird that I want a gf but don't give two shits about having friends?

Do I subconsciously just want one to validate myself?
>>
Maybe. How old are you?

I'm sort of opposite. In amazing relationship but more or less friendless. Which is actually alright. It's like I do everything with my best friend.

Discovering adult friendships, by and large, aren't the awesome shit friendships can be when you're younger. I used to think it was fucking wild my parents had "friends" they called 3-4 times a year but still acted like they cared about and did favors for. But that happens. It's great when you can have close friendships in adulthood, but honestly having a great relationship is going to effect your life more. So...whatever.

Don't overthink what you want right now unless it's making you act fucking stupid.
>>
I couldn't possibly tell you I think it's weird, since the only people I ever care about or talk to aside from "hi" or "bye" are my girlfriend and my parents, but I'm not really a "common case". I go to uni and know how to be social, I just don't give a fuck about anyone, and I've found myself at my happiest by being this way. To each their own, I guess.

Good luck.
>>
Nah, I'm kinda the same. I mean I do like the friends I have, but it's really hard to stay close with people you rarely see. And that's what being an adult does, all your friends are all around the country, even the world, and since basically everyone is dating you're just not going to be that close. Don't have a girlfriend but wish I did, I too was at my happiest back when I did and she was my best friend and the only one I really did stuff with. Easier to put all your social energy into one person rather than divide to ten. Being introverted is like that.
>>
Just keep in mind that a successful relationship is like a best friendship and more.
>>
>>18035242
Recently turned 18
>>
>>18035300

That might be kinda young to feel this way so soon, but I wouldn't sweat it.

Like others have said, it's easier to put all your effort into one relationship than just some of it into 10. Maybe back when men and women (sorry if I'm making too many assumptions about ya there) had less in common, it made sense that men and women would need friends to fulfill their social requirements. But by and large having a fantastic relationship and minimal time invested in friendship works out pretty well. The key there is having a fantastic relationship. If your gf isn't right for you you'll be fucking miserable.

In my mid 20's, no close friends. Wife and I do a lot together but not everything- I'm not into the highbrow shit she likes, she doesn't get some of my nerdy shit (collecting some stuff, the amount of time I have in some games). But we do a lot of shit together. We work so well it's a huge relief to come home because she's the only person who gets me. I forget how fucking stupid and awful 99% of people are because I spend my time with this amazing woman. I don't have to explain myself, she understands.
I get my fix of things she isn't into by playing the games she doesn't play with me online with casual friends. A couple times a month we go out to dinner with our coworker groups and their S/O's. She's more friendless than me, but I'm not sure anyone could really satisfy what she wants, she knows too much shit. She gets her fix by going to random classes (anything from shit at her university since she doesn't pay tuition, to pottery) or hosting shit for her pet students.

Uh, kinda went off the rails there. Point is, you're not wrong, but it's not something everyone your age is going to understand. But who cares? The right woman for you will appreciate that you prioritize her.
>>
>>18035237
I think it's just reproductive instinct. Even animals that hunt and forage alone still get the urge to seek out a member of the opposite sex's just to shag them.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.