[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a guy: >doesn't get jokes >sticks to a very strict

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

If a guy:

>doesn't get jokes
>sticks to a very strict schedule that he is very unwilling to change
>doesn't understand symbols in art
>Appears not to empathise with his partner in certain situations

What would come to your mind as this being indicative of?
>>
>>18034706

Being a grumpy guy.
>>
>>18034709

They aren't grumpy
>>
>>18034718

Then go ask some people who are qualified to evaluate this person, since you have someone in mind.
>>
>>18034706
This one is common for just everyone who doesn't have a passing interest or education in art.

The rest could be indicative of some light form of autism, so get a professional diagnosis if you can.
>>
>>18034726

Yes I'll just ask "people who are qualified" to evaluate my friend, I'm sure my friend would appreciate that
>>
>>18034733

What do you mean by light form of autism?
>>
>>18034706
Autism.
>>
>>18034736
Asperger's.
>>
>>18034739
>>18034742

What is the difference between these two?
>>
>>18034736
Asperger syndrome, or whatever the correct name is these days.

Meaning you might have autistic traits, but not to the point where you can't function without a caretaker.
>>
>>18034745
You can technically have mild autism that isn't Asperger's syndrome, meaning you just have some of the symptoms of it. Like all of the above.

Also they're basically the same fuckin thing
>>
>>18034752
>>18034746

I'm trying to find out more about aspergers but there is so little information online that actually talks about signs or symptoms with examples. Most articles talk about it in general terms
>>
>>18034759
>Do you frequently feel like you don't "get" social interactions on an intuitive level and feel like you have to memorize abstract rules or mimic behaviors to appear "normal"?
>Do you often have zero idea how you come across to other people in verbal conversations?
>Have you noticed in the past differences in how you process information compared to others? Things that seem obvious to other people, but not to you, and the opposite?
>Do prolonged social interactions tire you out, cause stress or anxiety?
>Are you in general easily stressed, especially when things deviate from your usual routine?
>Do you have OCD-like repetitive behaviors? "Robotic" speech?
>Do you have trouble making eye contact, or following basic social rules like saying hello, etc...
>Are you overly literal or don't "get" nteractions that aren't obvious like sarcasm or implicit demands?
>Are you hypersensitive to some sensorial stimuli?

Not every one with Aspeger has those, but if you've answered yes to some of these questions, you might be one. In particular, this might have been worse when you were younger, since a lot of aspies slowly learn to appear more normal or to suppress their odder behaviors.
>>
>>18034706
Maybe he'll open more once he kills John Connor.
>>
>>18034706
Think of Sheldon on Big Bang Theory. (The actor and producers vehemently deny that they created the character to have Aspergers, because they don't want protests. But he has all the symptoms.)
>>
>>18034706
>doesn't get jokes
Maybe your jokes aren't good
>sticks to a very strict schedule that he is very unwilling to change
Maybe he's just a responsible adult
Maybe the art piece just isn't good
>Appears not to empathise with his partner in certain situations
Maybe you're just a drama queen
>>
File: 1483292327634.jpg (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1483292327634.jpg
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>18035153
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>18034706
literally, unironically, autism, no jokes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.