[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we all just using each other? Do we only exist to other people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
Are we all just using each other? Do we only exist to other people because they want something from us?
>that person who only ever calls to ask for your truck's help
>that friend who only asks for help and never offers

This is eating at my sanity. They'll return favors when I ask, but what I want is a friend not another barter. How do I proceed?
>>
>Are we all just using each other?
Pretty much, yes. Accept it sooner than later, it'll do you good.
>>
>>18034468
Unconditional love is rare. In essence, common interest ego is what makes most relationships.

When something is dependent on something and that something is no longer there then it ends.
>>
How old are you, twelve? People obviously do experience compassion, love, sympathy, etc. that causes them to act for others' benefit without expecting compensation. And obviously you will need to sift through a group of people to find the person that does place value in respect and solidarity. Goodness, in a person and in general, can be evaluated in a statistical fashion. Someone who's two standard deviations from the mean of morality will be a good person, and there will only be one of them in a group of twenty people. Get to work and sift the chaff from the wheat, you fucking idiot.

You, >>18034472, and >>18034474 all need to pull your heads out of your asses.
>>
>>18034487
How old are you?
>>
>>18034487
Sifting chaff from wheat sounds like what I want to do. Thieves and murderers are recognizable, but how do I get started regarding real friendship?
>>
I'd say so.
Essentially everything we think and do is a rationalization.

I've thought about this a fair bit, and I've come to the conclusion that it isn't necessarily something to be viewed negatively. It's just... natural. There must always be reason, and it has to start somewhere.

As per your relationships, I find those types of people to be parasitic. You want symbiotic relationships.

It's okay to invest in people a little bit, but always be careful of how much you give before you begin to receive.
>>
>>18034501
Not negative, just natural. I might be able to accept this. I think my frustration comes from the wish that I could get an unexpected text saying come over for ribs rather than pls help
>>
>>18034509
Yeah, I definitely get that.
Give and take is important, as I said, symbiotic.

If somebody continually takes while never giving anything back, they're just using you. People who care, real friends, wouldn't let you go unpaid. They think and care about your time as an individual, not a tool. You want to be friends with the types of people that you have to stop from giving you shit all the time.

Hanging out with acquaintances can be fun, but I'd never put in more than you get back. Those types of relationships will usually fizzle out once they realize they can't just get whatever they want from you.
>>
>>18034487
The compensation of love and empassion is the other persons love and empassion
>>
File: 1486235055337.jpg (18KB, 350x293px) Image search: [Google]
1486235055337.jpg
18KB, 350x293px
>>18034468

I think your view of humanity reflects your age and inexperience.

People get so caught in their heads they completely forget the fact that nearly every aspect of human interaction is subjection; its an open book.

Where one man sees a pit of sadness and despair another sees a wealth of joy and opportunity.

Where you see friendship as an informal bartering system others see companionship and dependability.

Yes, some people are users but I think you know damn well that you just plain enjoy the company of some people. Don't get this idea in your head that life owes you some kind of easy path to companionship. We all have to wade through shit to find gold.

As you grow older and gain more perspective you'll realize how valuable it is to have people in your life who will be there to help you whenever you need them and you'll realize how special and unique it is to feel so strongly about another human that you'd do anything to help them as well.
>>
File: 1485165199185.jpg (33KB, 480x591px) Image search: [Google]
1485165199185.jpg
33KB, 480x591px
>>18034468

I'll be your friend anon
>>
>>18034468
I've done things for people I cared about and my feelings nor my actions were reciprocated so I slowly stopped doing any of those things.
I still miss them but if you constantly pour from the cup then it'll be eventually left empty.
>>
>>18034468
most people will cash in favors when possible, but if they're still hanging around when they dont need something, then they are a friend. the problem herei s you say they ONLY contact you when they need something, so yes they only use you.

if EVERYONE you know is like this thats unfortunate,
>>
>>18034468
It's human nature, technically just having a friend is "using" them since they full fill your social need.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.