[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently turned 25. I never went to college. I was NEET after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: gods help me.png (29KB, 150x208px) Image search: [Google]
gods help me.png
29KB, 150x208px
I recently turned 25. I never went to college. I was NEET after high school for ~4 years (I had jobs off and on but never kept them) and blew my college fund on a technical school that didn't give me any job-related skills whatsoever.

I'm currently employed as a tipped wage slave, and I've had this job for 8 months (the longest I've ever held a job).

I turn 26 this year, and that means I won't be able to live off of my parents health insurance any more. With the kind of money I make (less than $300 a month) I am way below the poverty line already, and I sure as hell can't afford insurance as an individual... but I need it because I'm on maintenance medications for depression and anxiety -- without which I would be unable to hold a job.

My parents offer me bits and pieces of advice, but they're in their mid-60s and just don't have relevant and helpful information other than "give in to wage slavery completely and start working 50 hours a week"

My only real job experience is as a delivery driver, and it's the only kind of job I have been able to hold.

I'm not comfortable disclosing exact amounts, but I have a healthy (but not massive) amount of money in the bank as well as a small inheritance from my late grandfather.

Even with a healthy amount of money to rest on for a few months, at <$300/mo I would only just barely be able to afford a shitty apartment with few amenities and it wouldn't take longer than half a year for me to be broke beyond reason.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm lazy. I hate working. I can handle my current job which gives me no more than 35 hours per week and typically 3 days off a week, but if I had to move to a full-time job I'd probably fall into a deep depression again. I'm just a piece of shit like that.

I just really need some general life advice here.
>>
Move back home. Otherwise you'll be homeless soon enough.
>>
Are you me writing this from when apparently I finally get on some sort of anti depressant?
>>
>>18034398

... wow almost mirror situation I've been in. I hate my job too and can't stand working long periods either. If moving back with your parents isn't an option, then it'll be hard. My biggest issue is feeling comfortable. If you can find a job anywhere feeling comfortable then do it and stick with it. Try and find one that's full time. You'll be a wage slave but if you like the job or at least the people in it, you'll be able to manage.
>>
Go full time, Anon.
Your mind will be busy
>>
Take adderall. It could be the best decision of your life and might even turn your life around.
>>
>>18034398
Laziness usually happens because your mind isn't engaged enough. Start with some self help books. There are tons of topics for improvement so just choose one and start reading. As you read, you'll find how relevant and mirroring the story applies to you and that will prevent you from quitting reading.
Also try to get physical copies instead of digital/pdf.
You could also try a religion/church. Tons of people who'd lend an open ear.

Gl anon, it's gonna be okay
>>
>>18034443
Tell me more about this drug, how can one get a hold of it? (Not OP)
>>
File: 47327439.jpg (38KB, 355x354px) Image search: [Google]
47327439.jpg
38KB, 355x354px
>>18034398
Sorry mate and I know it's shit but drop the meds and give it a go. What's the worst that can happen? Everyone else is out in the big bad world too, you know
>>
>>18034398
I know how you feel anon, my parents are pretty old too and my sister though happens to be in her thirties still acts like a child. I am in your shoes so I can relate but I would try to limit the meds I take in (I haven't done that personally because I'm afraid of that shit). See your therapist if you need help and have the right attitude, you'll see how you can turn shit around anon. It's possible.
>>
>>18034398
>I am way below the poverty line already
Your state probably has an assistance program that you qualify for. I make under ~24,000 in MN but too much too qualify for medicaid so I get what is essentially a super comfy insurance plan for a subsidized rate. Way it should be for everybody desu.
>>
>>18034398
You do realize 35 hours every week is considered full time? 32 hours or greater is considered full-time employment. 50 hours a week is usually low/mid tier management work in retail, food service, or hotels. Full time jobs away from customers like warehouse work, commercial service (Goodwill laundry facilities, etc.) keep you from having a lot of interaction with customers, supervisors, etc. and if your depression affects your mood will let you just robot all day with decent pay.
>>
>>18035269

He said no more than 35 hours a week, so that typically means "flexible schedule" bullshit as in they may give him 35 hours one week, but on average he's looking at around 15-20 hours, possibly.
>>
>>18034398

Medicaid? I have it and it works okay.
>>
>>18035315
I'm aware of what I said, I was making sure he understood that 35 every week is a fairly standard full time schedule, so he won't be doing anything more than his current worst.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.