[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you're depressed, how do you force yourself to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: willow.png (124KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
willow.png
124KB, 500x522px
When you're depressed, how do you force yourself to get out and do things?

Plz help. So sad.
>>
>>18033503
Weed, a walk in the park, petting my doge.
>>
>>18033503
Start with small things. We love and support you.
>>
Step 1. Look up online guides for dealing with depression that are given out by psychology clinics.

Step 2. Educate yourself on the potential to free yourself from this. Educate yourself on the snowball effect of depression. The less you do with depression, the less the depression makes you want to do. Until you want to do nothing. You must do the opposite of this. Do very little. Then a little more. Then a little more. More. etc.

Step 3. FACT. Exercise is actually as good or even better than taking meds for depression. FACT even something as little as walking for 30 minutes will improve your whole mood the REST OF THE DAY. Even walking is that good. You can walk. So get that walking in.

Step 4- See a doctor for any possible underlying health condition that could be contributing to your depression.Once they are determined make plans to heal them.

Step 5- Get productivity addons and programs off the internet to help you be more productive.

I also advise some mental techniques that I use. Such as reminding myself that "It probably won't be as hard to do as i'm thinking" Taking the first step is always the hardest part. Realize that taking the first step will be way, way less hard than you thought it would be.
>>
>>18033503
You don't. You enter a downward spiral until everyone hates you and you're shaking because you can't manage to pull the trigger but also can't manage to go on.

Also this. >>18033520 start off rrreeeaaallllyyyt small.
>>
Hey anon. I struggle with major depression too and can relate. Start small. Get up in the morning and take a shower. Congratulate yourself on taking a shower. Or go for a short walk. The thing you have to keep in mind is doing small and simple things. Try working on a puzzle or colouring a picture. Ask friends and family to check in with you or give them a call for a short chat. You can do this anon. We believe in you. Don't give up, ok?
>>
>>18033503
Change your perception and exercise. Nothing vigorous, just get your heart rate up for 20 minutes. I have resistant depression, exercise has always been the best medicine for me
>>
File: 1476803855076.jpg (206KB, 1242x1229px) Image search: [Google]
1476803855076.jpg
206KB, 1242x1229px
I tried that research shit. Worked out, took meds, talked to therapist, mental tricks, less fap, talked to friends. It works just realize that this problem probably will never go away.

I think I messed up when I did these things for the ultimate propose of feeling OK, when, at least for me, I've never felt OK and never will. I gave up and ultimately tell everyone, not everyone has the energy to live life.

Just drink, do drugs, etc till you die. That's how I cope. One day at a time.
>>
>>18033503
1. Exercise, literally produces hormones to make you happier and more satisfied with life.
2. Diet. Get some colorful fruits and veggies, the function of eating a nutritious meal mentally produces endorphins.
3. Spend time with family, talk to your grandma you haven't heard from in months. It will make her happy, and in turn, give you joy for causing someone else to be happy
4. Most personally effective. Get trashed on an empty stomach. Wake up next day feeling like shit and realize how good you felt previously so you enjoy it more
>>
>>18033503
try caffine supplements, works for me.
>>
>>18033503
By forcing myself. Routine - showing up for work or school, going through the paces of doing what I usually do - is actually good therapy, because it distracts me from my feelings and also keeps me functioning in the real workd.
>>
I play Pokemon Go, actually.

I know nerds all think it's dead now, but it's still quite popular where I live, and there's a Valentine's event going on right now where you can catch lots of pink Pokemon like Porygon and Clefairy.
>>
>>18033503
guess what everyone deals with depression from time to time

some people have 6 months straight of depression and then things seem to start feeling okay

some people have depression from 7am-10am and then things improve until it sets in again at 10ppm that night

other people have constant depression for years on end.

it becomes a problem when it stops you from living your daily life, and you're actually considering killing yourself or harming others
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.