[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/, since about a week, i am constantly thirsty but can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1928.jpg (83KB, 960x443px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1928.jpg
83KB, 960x443px
/adv/, since about a week, i am constantly thirsty but can't drink anything.
i usually drink plain water and enough of it. i have water bottles everywhere i need them. but lately i can only stomach one or two sips before my body refuses to take in more liquid.
this is concerning since my urin has started to get darked and i have developed a bad headache. i've tried google but haven't found anything that isn't shit like "try ayurvedic diet" or "force yourself to drink". i rather want to know the cause so i can work on that... anybody has any ideas?
>>
>>18031464
You need to exercise and eat properly. Try losing weight as well. Get 7+ hours of sleep. Optimally 8. Lay low on the carbs. Eat Whole Foods.

I drink about 3 liters of water on a short day, easily 6 if I'm working out in the summer.
>>
Literally go and see a doctor. If you dehydrate yourself you will end up dead. A doctor will be able to administer IV fluids which will keep you alive if you really can't ingest water for whatever reason.
>>
>>18031473
i literally do all that and i usually drink more than enough. this is new

>>18031479
it feels whiny to go to the doc because "i don't want to force myself to drink water"
>>
>>18031482
What sort of reaction does your body give if you try to press yourself to keep drinking? Have you tried to drink something other than water? A sports hydrating drink maybe?
>>
>>18031484
it shuts down. i feel like i will comit if i keep drinking. i feel like my body is "full".
i tried fennel tea and orange juice. actually, i just made another tea but even thinking about it makes me want to empty it into the sink.
i drank some coconut water two days ago (which is isotonic too...). that was good at first. but when i went back to get more, the same happened. could only drink one sip and then it was over again.
maybe it's unrelated but i also have a weird eye twitching since two weeks that won't go away even though i take magnesium supplements since i have it...
argh, i know i should go to the doc but i don't want to. i just want to lay in bed and not be bothered with anything
>>
>>18031492
How much do you drink per day on average?
>>
>>18031508
i normally drink 2l. more if i exercise or it's hot.
keep in mind that i'm really short (5'1).
i need a bit less than somebody that's 6'2.
>>
>>18031517
5'1" male or female? How much do you weigh?

Also, you sound like you're fairly physically active. What do you do? Run? Go to a gym? This is kind of important, because you said you drink more than enough water. Depending on how literal that phrase was, you could be doing more harm than good.
>>
>>18031492
Go to a doctor. Ongoing muscle twitches can be signs of serious damage and you definitely shouldn't ignore abnormal bodily reactions when they come in twos.
>>
>>18031523
female.
i run, swim and lift.

i'm not drinking too much (as in, flushing out minerals). i usually can depend on my thirst. if i drink as soon as i feel a bit thirsty and as much as feels good, i'm usually getting what i need.

i am trying to get pregnant and have just had a misscarriage. might that be related in any way? it makes no sense to me but maybe i'm overlooking something important...
>>
>>18031532
i also just checked and i have mild temperature (37.2).
maybe i'm just having a cold?
>>
>>18031464

You could legit have rabies. It causes hydrophobia, and if it has already reached that stage you are pretty much fucked. You should definitely see a doctor either way, being unable to intake water is very serious.
>>
>>18031533
37.2 would be considered in the normal range.

But seriously go to a doctor.

If you've just miscarried these things could all just be stress-related, on the other hand you may be actually ill and in need of help. Dehydration is no joke and it will kill you if you let it.
>>
guess i'm going to the doc. i was hoping to avoid having to take a shower, get dressed and drive there. god damnit, this was supposed to be my "be a lazy and disgusting piece of shit" day of the week...
>>
>>18031532
As long as you drink only when you're thirsty, you're fine. Even when you're exercising, you don't force yourself, you wait until you're thirsty.

I go by Fahrenheit and 37.2 translates to 98.96 F assuming you go by Celsius. Muscle twitches probably aren't symptoms of a cold but you could be getting something if it gets any worse. If I were you I'd go to a doctor and explain the twitches and your drinking issue. I'm no doctor so I can't say anything much further and be sure of it, but you really should get checked. Explain all of your issues down to the twitching and drinking issue.
>>
>>18031537
Also, yes, this is possible if very unlikely. Usually by that point you would be having MUCH worse symptoms besides hydrophobia and a bit of twitching though, so again, unlikely. As in, you'd be going mad.
>>
>>18031537
i just checked rhe symptoms and i don't think that's it. i don't have hydrophobia. i just can't stomach it. but thanks for the idea

>>18031538
i know. but my temp is usually 6.2-6.4, so it's noticeably more than normal.

i just hate going to my doc. he never takes me serious. i know he will just tell me to "pull myself together" when i go there with such mild temp and foggy stuff like "i don't feel like drinking and my eye twitches"...

yes, i tried changing doc but they all don't take on new patients. fml
>>
>>18031549
Are there any clinics, then? You don't necessarily have to go to a hospital even if it's preferable.
>>
>>18031546
but i didn't get bit by anything...
how would "going mad" look like if you had rabies?

>>18031542
guess i have no other choice. thanks for helping me out anon
>>
>>18031553
my insurance won't cover it if i don't go to "my" doc...
>>
>>18031555
Salivating a lot. Loss of cognitive functioning. Insomnia. Extreme confusion. Hallucinations.
>>
>>18031559
nah, definitely not.
guess it's something else then. maybe hypochondria
>>
>>18031556
There are no nearby walk-in medical centers you can get a quick check up at for a small price?
>>
>>18031464
You are beginning to die of dehydration. R.I.P OP.
>>
>>18031562
i'm in switzerland. that concept doesn't exist here
>>
>>18031565
Oh. That changes things.

The most concerning thing to me is the dark urine and inability to make yourself drink. Those are very bad symptoms together. Please go to the doctor and explain. He should take this seriously if you explain it right. Darkened urine isn't anything to take lightly.
>>
>>18031565
Also, if your urine gets dark after a miscarriage, could be an infection. Keep that in mind. Explain that to the doctor too, assuming he doesn't already know. That is rightfully concerning.
>>
>>18031569
Dark urine is a symptom of dehydration is all, as is the headache. It's when urine is brown/red/black that you should run not walk to your nearest ER.
>>
>>18031569
i just remembered that there's a service you can call to determine if you need to see your doc or not... i'll call there first. thanks for reminding me!
>>
>>18031575
I wouldn't take that chance. I'd just go if it looks bad enough to worry about. What you said are noticeable things, and you've had a miscarriage. You could have an infection.
>>
>>18031574
>>18031572

it's just darker as in "more concentrated", so nothing extremely unusual.

i'll report back with what they mean at th medical phone service
>>
>>18031580
ok, she said she can't see how those symptoms are related but if it concerns me i should go see my doc. she also said it doesn't sound urgent so going there tomorrow or so is good enough. meeeeh... kind of didn't help me at all
>>
you've got rabies
>>
>>18031587
i also just forced myself to drink that damned tea. now i feel really sick but maybe this is just a case of "maning up"
>>
>>18031587
I don't think the person on the phone was very smart.

The 3 important things are the miscarriage, the darkening urine, and the drinking problem. Yeah, go see a doctor, you probably won't die or anything overnight so if you want to do it tomorrow, do it then unless you feel too uncomfortable doing so, in which case go now. The symptoms you have sound pretty related to me.

Then again it very well could just be you being stressed. Your body does go through a lot of changes during and after pregnancy even if it's a miscarriage and many are normal. I'd think you want to be sure you're still okay though.
>>
>>18031597
i really felt the hormonal impact, yes. felt like being on an emotional rollercoaster. but i had the twitching and weirdly thirst before the miscarriage. maybe THAT's related. it was also extremely early on. only week 5, so yeah...

might just be stress too. but could that have such an impact?
>>
>>18031587
Hi anon, I'm a pharmacist. I find what you describe concerning and you should go to a doctor. Not being able to eat isn't that bad, humans can do without for a while, but not being able to drink is more concerning.

If you can eat at all try stuff like oranges or pears, which are quite juicy and have some fluids in it.
Congrats on downing the tea.

If the doctor is being a dick the "I want to rule out anything too bad" line helps.
>>
>>18031602
i just noticed that my appetite is gone too... didn't even occure to me that i haven't eaten anything today. now i really start to think this is just psychosomatic.
>>
>>18031602
Do you take any medication?

Can you still swallow normally?

The stress could be related to the miscarriage but the twitches and lack of capacity to drink liquid I don't know.
>>
>>18031602
Also, to add, if you have had a miscarriage usually the doctor should check that your uterus has been able to expel everything, so it warrants a visit in its own.
>>
>>18031604
thanks, anon. your answer is really appreciated!

yesterday i tried to eat fluid rich to balance my lack of water a bit but today i haven't eaten anything yet.

i tried something similar when i had irregular periods and asked to get my hormonal levels checked. his response was "that's not necessary"... any other tips on how to deal with a doc like that?
>>
>>18031606
just supplementes like folic acid, agnus castus (but i take that since two years to balance my cycle with no side effects), fish oil and magnesium...

i can. i just have to force myself.

>>18031609
damnit. i was hoping i could just see if my body can handle it on it's own since it was so early (week 5). seems just like a bit of a "bigger mens" to me... infeel like a whiny faggot to run to the doc dor suxh minor stuff. they will just tell me that everything's ok and i wasted their and my time and money
>>
>>18031610
Ask him to explain you why in those cases. If he says it's not necessary then ask "but why are periods irregular then", or something like "but why do I have muscles twitching?" Etc. at least this will give you the information you seek even if he is unhelpful.

But in Belgium we are lucky, we can go to whichever doctor we choose. So in Switzerlamd you pay for your insurance and they assign you to a doctor?

Also, I do t know how pharmacist-doctor relations are there, but here most of the time patients see us more than the doctor. I've called busy doctors for patients and said that the person was feeling really unwell or was in great pain in my pharmacy and wondered if they could check up on them that day, as some form of unofficial referral if you want. Maybe that's something you could do as well, go via the pharmacist.
>>
>>18031614
Did you stop taking the Agnes castus when you were pregnant? It is contra indicated.

I'm sorry to hear the doctor is a dick.
>>
>>18031618
i did that and his answer was basically "because". he just thinks you don't need medical attention if you aren't vomiting blood or lacking an arm.

no, you can choose yourself, but you have to register him with your insurance and then they only cover if you go to him. and since nobody takes on new patients (especially if your reasons aren't that you moved but because you don't like your current doc...) you are pretty much stuck with the one you went to since childhood.

maybe i could go to a pharmacy but whwnever i go there they just want to try to sell me all their new age crap. last time i went there because i had a vaginal infection from a public bath the (female...) pharmacist wanted to give me some globuli and tried to tell me that this is happening because i have some "sexual trauma". wtf... i just needed some god damn oitment

there might be good ones but somehow i don't feel like the risk of having to get told i need to cleanse my chakras is worth it
>>
>>18031619
yes, i stopped.

well, maybe it's not just him but me being an avoidant idiot too. but then again, i'm not the only lne who think like that about him. he has a reputation about being pretty old fashioned. if you don't die, go home again and don't bother me with your whining. i got more important stuff to care for than your "irregular periods" or "twitching eye"
>>
>>18031633
>>18031627
>chakras
Reeeeeeeeeeeee

Does this pass for pharmacy where you live? Holy crap.

In any case anon, you had a miscarriage and you need to see him to check if everything is fine. Usually before trying to get pregnant the doctor should check if you have had all your vaccinations and whether or not you're immune to stuff like toxoplasmosis (which then tells you if you have to stay away from cat litter or not).

Definitely check out another pharmacy in any case. Fuck that silly new age bitch. And go see your doctor. If he's old fashioned he'll probably be all for babies and women fulfilling their traditional role.
>>
>>18031464
i wonder why we never see communists go attempt to establish their ideal societys in africa or the midler east
>>
>>18031649
because nobody goes there if they don't have to...
>>
File: dictators copy.jpg (225KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
dictators copy.jpg
225KB, 1200x848px
>>18031464

Fuck commies and throw them from fucking helicopters
>>
File: communist-countries-then.png (190KB, 1500x770px) Image search: [Google]
communist-countries-then.png
190KB, 1500x770px
>>18031649
Because they are faggots believing in a fantasy theory

Really they should be forming communes - communes are literally a communist society on a small scale

But they don't - instead they are tempted by money to get a job. In itself this is proof that nobody wants communism.

By the way communism did happen in Africa, pic related (all the countries that were ever communist). But I'm pretty sure it wasn't Westerners who started it there - it was dictators who adopted it as a propaganda tool to enforce their will ("this is a workers revolution! Yeah! I'm a dictator on behalf of the people!"). One example of these African communist dictators is Mengistu Halle Mariam of Ethiopia, see here: >>18031730
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.