[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so this is a bit of a social question. socializing. in b4 you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nnvy49OTMC1titub2o1_400.jpg (38KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnvy49OTMC1titub2o1_400.jpg
38KB, 400x388px
so this is a bit of a social question. socializing. in b4 you're a bitch, cuck, etc

So I've found there are moments socially where its almost they are taking advantage of me.

Bit of a background. I'm really good socially. in any situation I'm fairly confident in myself. I have a bunch of friends and a few close ones. I can go times where I have many friends and making new ones etc. to times I'm just chilling with gf and 1 best friend.

So the scenario is this. usually happens with girls . but it can sometimes happen with guys.

recent example

>female friend wants me to go out with her to a bar with her and her old friends from high school
>I'm good friends with her and her bf
>sounds like a fun night out
>reality she wants me to sorta keep her bf company and entertain him while she has fun with her female friends
.. makes me feel sorta used. why doesn't she just cut to the chaise and say . Hey I'm going out with my friends, my bf wants to come can you come and keep him company?

other example. a bit more specific

>at work xmas party
>female co worker
>"hey have you met _____?"
>its her date
>she runs off while I talk to her

why couldn't she say "hey can you talk to my date I gotta go do X"

why does this happen and how do I deal with it? Most times I call the person out on it. They deny it. but we both know its true.

anyone have any advice to this? am I hyper analyzing? shit feels like fucking highschool and it just makes me feel like I'm nothing but a pawn in their social game.

i would atleast be honest and up front. maybe they don't feel the same. but atleast show me some respect and be transparent about yuor motives and actions.
>>
You gotta accept that people are fickle and sometimes uncaring. Your friend simply seems easily distracted. I would not confront them this makes you out to be as very sensitive.

Also you're only 'used' as much as you let people use you. At those events who says you have to hang out with those people. If the person who invited you slips away and socializes elsewhere simply do so yourself. Since they are not explicitly telling you to babysit their guests you have no obligation to do so. You're actually free to do whatever you want.
>>
>>18030951
Well it does seem pretty shitty that she's basically taking advantage of you. It is pretty nice though that she would reach out to you to hang out with her boyfriend. That's great.
I also just want to note the following:
- She has no obligation to hang out with you/entertain you. She just invited you to hang out with them at the bar/club. What if she knows that the music they play is your favorite?
- Are you having a good time? If so, then there's no problem. You go out to have a good time, and had a good time.

Now if you hate the bar/club and only go because she asks you to go, then you're an idiot.

Bottomline: If you're having a good time, there's no problem. If you don't enjoy the time out, then the problem lies with you.
>hey can you talk to my date I gotta go do X
>hey can u entertain my bf while i has fun with my female friends
You already know why she's asking you to hang out with her. So it's all up to you.
>>
>>18030951
Nah, you're none of that shit. You honestly seem like an alright dude. What you want to be sure of though is that you're not a friend of convenience and that these people actually want to be your friend.

Think of it this way. If these people wouldn't talk to you on any other occasion even if you go out of your way to talk to them, they're not really your "friends". More like acquaintances at best. That's being used. If I'm invited to go somewhere, I'd want it to be because someone enjoys my company and because I enjoy theirs, not so they can throw me at someone else to "keep them in check". I wouldn't consider it TOO much of an issue though if I'm actually having fun, like, if I like spending time with that person's bf. We as guys are pretty good at that honestly; just sitting around and bullshitting and probably not even talking that much and still having fun. This is all partially your interpretation, as to how bad this is for you in terms of maintaining relationships with these friends.
>>
>>18030980
>>18030977

thanks for the responses and honest answers.

I do think the way you guys are. it just feels at times I'm this ends to a means. just feels off or odd.

>>18030977
>Your friend simply seems easily distracted.
it sometimes just feels like sneaky shit girls do

>>18030980
>If you're having a good time, there's no problem. If you don't enjoy the time out, then the problem lies with you

yeah this is good point. I can usually have a good times where ever I go.

it at times just feels like lip service to a friend. sure friends can help friends etc.

tl;dr

I just would rather I was filled in on their plans a bit more. It feels sneaky. or like their is something they aren't telling me.

and perhaps they don't know it themselves to speak more honestly. and I can admit it can be hard at times.

just feels like shit sometimes.
>>
>>18030990
>What you want to be sure of though is that you're not a friend of convenience and that these people actually want to be your friend.

this is my major gripe with this shit.

feels as though I'm just a prop in a social game
>>
>>18031008
I understand that. I deal with the same thing with some of the ones I consider my closer friends on an near daily basis, although for other reasons.

Listen, regardless of whether or not you're being used, you're being given an opportunity to make a connection with people. I'd at the very least take advantage of it. The reason I see opportunity as a theme is because I don't think these people are trying to put you into a situation they know is uncomfortable for you, mainly because they've taken you to fun places, bars, etc, and you've been able to talk with friends, like that girl's bf. You MAY very well be being used, but in such a way as to not ruin what relationships you do have with them, I'd take advantage of the potential they have.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.