[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i can't focus on study and need to take better notes plz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1486472353278.jpg (36KB, 480x487px) Image search: [Google]
1486472353278.jpg
36KB, 480x487px
i can't focus on study and need to take better notes plz help
I try to focus and read the material, but I just lose focus and have to reread the same sentence like 10 times to try and retain it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Someone please advise me.
Also, how do I learn to take better notes during lectures? I can't write fast enough to take down every word the prof says, obviously, but I got a 54 on a quiz a little while ago. I do pay attention in class, but I can't figure out how to most effectively study and note take.
>>
>>18030616
If the prof posts lecture slides or w/e, only write down the stuff that they talk about rather than copypasta the whole slide. Do the reading best you can before hand and then only take notes on stuff that isn't in the book.

Obvious stuff is to not listen to music or fuck around when you're trying to study. Studying works best in silence and with no distractions.
>>
>>18030642
But I start to doze off without music to keep me awake.
>>
>>18030616
Professor writing here.

Rather than trying to absorb all the details of a textbook at once, read to get the gist of the thing. Go through a paragraph or page and then stop and finish this sentence: "The main point of that paragraph was . . . ." You might even write that down.

Work your way through a chapter that way, so you have the general sense of what was said. Then, and only then, go back to pick up details and facts. They'll be easier to absorb because you'll be putting them into a context and not trying to learn in a vacuum.
>>
>>18030616
oh my god. Sauce!
>>
>>18030860
If you need background noise try soundscapes. Rain noise, coffee-shop noise, try a bunch and see what works best. That's what I tend to use when I got to do a lot of not so interesting reading.

Also this >>18031097
though I have to admit that I'm usually too lazy to go through with it.

I would also be happy to get some note taking advice. I have some real trouble to concentrate on long lectures. Even if I take notes in the beginning I eventually just lose focus.
>>
Interest bump
>>
Try working out before you study. Movement releases chemicals in the brain that help you focus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsVzKCk066g
>>
>>18030616
Are you in a conducive study environment? Maybe where you are has too many distractions.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.