[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one get/keep a good text conversation going? Just got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 20170207_215144.jpg (332KB, 1428x1052px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_215144.jpg
332KB, 1428x1052px
How does one get/keep a good text conversation going? Just got pic related and I have no fucking idea how to respond, and I don't know how to start them better to avoid this
>>
ask multi part questions
>>
>>18030602

Is this a girl or old friend?

If girl you want to hook up with let me spell it:

PHONE AND FACEBOOK AND OTHER MEANS OF COMMUNICATION ARE FOR SETTING UP DATES NOT TALKS.

You dumbass
>>
>>18030629
Like what?
>>
>>18030647
Friend
>>
File: 1425357788371.jpg (297KB, 726x697px) Image search: [Google]
1425357788371.jpg
297KB, 726x697px
you could ask them what they were sick with, what they're doing now, questions that make them open up and reveal information about themselves for you to branch off of. Helps if there was also a point to the conversation in the first place. Remember that its also ok for conversations to die if one of the two people aren't as into it, that's pretty normal too.
>>
>>18030651
If they're someone you haven't really interacted with in a while, don't try to force it. Friends don't stick around forever if there hasn't been a sustained relationship or some serious shared experience (war buddies, friends for decade, etc.).
>>
Well it's been like 45 minutes now, I guess I'm just gonna let this slide and give it another shot tomorow
>>
I don't know anything about that girl so the first thing I would do is ask a bunch of stuff to find out what she likes.

I like puzzles so I'll ask if she likes puzzles. If yes I'll ask her what kinds? Does she play games? I'll ask if she wants to try to solve a puzzle and if yes then I'll send her a simple one.

This isn't a puzzle but this is something I remember texting and got what I thought was a good conversation out of it:

"You are driving a car on one big stormy night. You pass a bus station. There are three people who are waiting for the bus: One old sick lady who is dying, One doctor who saved your life before, and one lady who is someone you have been dreaming to be with.

You can only take one passenger, which one will you choose?"

This type of open answer thing got me and my puzzle buddies thinking and each one of us had a different answer and reason which I thought was amazing.

This all starts with something you both have in common so find out what that is.
>>
>>18030602

take a step back. why do you text people? what is the point? a text chain should flow from a natural connection. you could always invite them to hang out.
>>
>>18030602
First time posting on adv..
Stop being a faggot and actually ask her out. No one like information exchange texting with someone they barely know. Find a common interest and/or just ask her out
>>
>>18030710
I don't get to see her often. I text her to try and get to know her, as we only see each other once a week. I want to be able to talk to her casually as a good friend would
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.