[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a kid i didnt take care of my teeth very often, as a result

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 20170207_150920.jpg (296KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_150920.jpg
296KB, 1920x1080px
As a kid i didnt take care of my teeth very often, as a result my teeth are slightly yellow and have white marks where they have been chipped from sports or other things, it bugs me and for the last few years iv made sure to brush and floss twice daily but it still seems to stay yellow.

Is there any hope in just sticking with twice a day or should I get lazer whitening? Is there any homemade 'tricks' that arent bullshit? Should I start brushing immediatly after i eat?

What do i do from here?
>>
Gargle with hydrogen peroxide once a day for 1 minute before brushing.

Cut down on acids/coffee/tobacco.

You're welcome.
>>
>>18029756
Can't change it now without whitening, which can actually do some damage to the integrity of the teeth

I have the same issue. I went to see the dentist about it and he said to drink fizzy drinks with a straw only. Makes sense, because I used to hold them in my mouth for several minutes before swallowing. Now I use a straw all the time, and it's not getting any worse.

Problem is girls notice and I have to explain it's not plaque but staining
>>
>>18029756

unfortunately its hard to undo damage when its done. this isnt like you got some gunk on your teeth this is like leaving your shirt in bleach for a few years then wondering why you can't get the color back. it doesn't exist.

you can go to your dentist and pay to have it whitened, this is standard procedure after braces as you tend to get some yellow regardless of how hygenic you are when you wear those.
>>
>>18029774
Don't do it daily, just once a week is enough. I read somewhere that it destroys healthy bacteria or something in your mouth if you do it all the time.

I also brush with baking soda 2-3x a week and use whitening toothpaste and my dentist considers my teeth A1 shade. They used to look like butter.
>>
those whitening strips make a noticeable difference. they have long and short term plans and the only inconvenience is the extra sensitivity during its use.
>>
>>18029813
If you do it for a long period of time, yeah, once a day can hurt your gums. If you're going to do it for a long period of time, you should dilute it by 1/2 with water.

Baking soda also does help.
>>
Yeah you're just kinda fucked. They're stained. Like any other stained thing, you're gonna need to break out the heavy duty shit to fix it.

But as stated before, you also risk just damaging your teeth even further. I tried whitening and it thinned my enamel so much it made everything painful as fuck, to the point I almost couldn't eat.
Give it a shot, but quit if your teeth start to hurt.
>>
>>18029774
I would advise against using hydrogen peroxide.

It increases your chance of developing oral cancer greatly, damages the gums, tastes terrible, and disturbs the bacterial cultures in your mouth greatly.

I would just suggest using a good non-alcohol based mouthwash for a few minutes every other day or so. A lot of them contain chlorine which will do a great job of bleaching your teeth, and some even re-mineralize teeth which strengthens them.

If you do insist on using peroxide, I would only use it once a week, and in solutions weaker than 2% h202pv.
>>
>>18029756
go to a dentist
>>
>>18029824
Like the $5 ones at the pharmacy?
>>
I've got horrible teeth.

I've just learned to live with it. I don't smile any more.
>>
>>18030631
They're usually more expensive than that...like $30+ at least.
>>
>>18029887
You know you can get mouth pieces molded to your teeth that just apply it to the tooth surface right?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.