[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've lost my wallet. I just got my driver's license

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0430.jpg (101KB, 874x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0430.jpg
101KB, 874x1200px
I've lost my wallet. I just got my driver's license renewed-- meaning I have the papers from the DMV as my temporary license. I think my social security number was on that paper. What do?
>>
>>18027016

make sure that your facebook information matches your ID, and have a clear picture of yourself on the account. if you dont have facebook, make one for this. everyone who tries to return a wallet checks facebook.

if oyu can retrace your steps, try and find where you left it of course.

as far as that goes, try to get a new ID. not much you can do about the social other than constantly check your credit report and see whats out there.
>>
>>18027016
Go to the DMV, state "My license was stolen", bring standard proof of identity/residence (found in your DL handbook). They'll issue you a new one.
>>
Report everything missing.

- your credit and debit cards
- phone DMV

Eh, I'm in Canada, a while ago, I was among the students affected when some student loan employee lost a flashdrive with our information on it - there is a service where credit companies etc can be alerted of people whose information has been stolen (like, make more checks when someone is trying to open up a card under your name.)

Okay, a lot of government agencies use things like date of birth and address to confirm identity over the phone, you might want to talk to your student loan office or school or whatever that you need alternate means of verifying identity (secret questions). Ditto for banking.
>>
>>18027032
Also, your SS# is not issued on a paper license. Not in any sane state, at least.
>>
>>18027016
Call and cancel everything.
Go to DMV get new license ordered.
make sure to cancel any credit cards

Identity theft isn't as likely and scary as media makes it out to be. They just want to scare you so you buy their bullshit programs. Truth is nobody gonna take you to court over someone using your social illegally..
>>
>>18027016
You should stop being irresponsible
>>
>>18027113
You should stop being a cunt
>>
>>18027125
What?!? Cunt??? Why I oughta...
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.