[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I decided to take this semester off of school due

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Noam.jpg (379KB, 1208x800px) Image search: [Google]
Noam.jpg
379KB, 1208x800px
Hey /adv/, I decided to take this semester off of school due to mental health reasons. For some reason I was performing very poorly in my classes despite studying a solid amount (around 6-7 hours a day), and I was going through the emotional struggles of 2 break ups last year and losing some friends (which made it hard to focus on studying a lot of times I suppose). Anyways, I started working full time but I have a list of goals of things I wanted to do during this time off:

>Learn French
>Learn Urdu
>Learn how to cook
>Pick up film photography
>Learn how to fish once the weather warms up
>Learn how to swim, start hiking once the weather warms up
>Read more novellas
>Conduct a self-study on a genetics course I want to take next year
>Write an app in phython related to said course
>Pick up piano again, learn guitar, learn how to produce music electronically
>Get fit
>Seek cognitive behavioural therapy

However, it seems whenever I'm not at work or in the gym all I can do is just lay in bed and shitpost on 4chan while maybe some YouTube videos. How do I start working on my goals?
>>
>>18023280
>How do I start working on my goals?
You don't, not now. Your list of things is huge, pick one or two things and focus on accomplishing them instead.
>>
I found that anxiety and social stress was a load on my shoulders, lifting it off in therapy made me happy. I advice everyone to do the same. Takes some time maybe.
>>
>>18023280
>>18023280

We are incredibly similar, anon. I wish there was some sort of community where we could keep each other accountable and keep up with our foals, but the biggest piece of advice I can give you is to focus on your habits and changing them.

Try recording everything you do in a day. Write your emotions as you do them. What was the cue? Time? Location? Feeling? The identify the routine, and the reward, etc. etc.

Basically, many of your actions are defined by your habits, if you can slowly rewire them, and make daily, weekly AND long-term goals for each of them, you'll find yourself blazing through it all.

Also PLEASE PLEASE seek therapy. I was in your shoes and I ended up wasting a lot of time because I had unresolved issues that I was too ignorant to realize I needed to get to until recently.
>>
>>18023492
This. You're unfocused, your plans are grandiose, and your steps to even start your goals will be hindered by this. The things you've listed at a brief glance are several years worth of work and don't necessarily fit together well. Pick a couple ideas or activities that complement each other, start, and move forward over the next couple years until you find that you have achieved them, or decide they're not for you.

>get fit
>learn how to swim/hike

>learn to fish
>use fish you caught while learning to cook

>Learn French
>read more novellas, some in French

Pick a set or make another, have a good year working on them.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.